Best MTB under 8k

heed0

This Q is posted on behalf of a friend...

What's the best hardtail Mtb under 8k, must be lightest as possible

Edited by heed0

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about best and lightest but knave a silverback saturn and real enjoy it. And its under 6

what does it weigh?

Saturn is a Hardtail...

so that doesn't qualify.

Try looking at obike.co.za for some deals on full sussers. For 8k, you're not going to be getting anything that's looking at shedding a few pounds.

Im no silverback rep but let him have a look at their range... Think he might be able to get the spectra. It weighs like 11.5 kg...

Edited by Pieter1

Im no silverback rep but let him have a look at their range... Think he might be able to get the spectra. It weighs like 11.5 kg...

whats the price +-?

Also try 2011 GT Avalanche 1.0, costs R7995. I have no idea on the weight though.

+1 on the Spectra, Weight is something like 11.5kg's straight out of the box.

Nice wheelset, with red sealed hubs and decent groupset parts. Recon Gold is also not bad at all.

Best bang for buck IMO.

If you know how to maintain and service your bike properly, this bike will run like a dream.

If I had to start again from scratch and know what I know now, I would definitely get myself one of those, no questions asked.drool.gif

Edited by Dubber88

Spectra is about 10k

But definately Silverback, the groupsets is the best in that price category.

check the Fuji's on www.solomons.co.za They are damn good bikes and the prices are givaway.

Schwinn MOAB Elite about R6500.00 if you can find one,stunning bike for the price!!

Give Henbar a call at Cycle Teknix 021 556 8207,you will not be sorry.

I sold mine and I really miss it :(

The spectra is a really good looking bike! Its a pitty you had to let it go. I got myself a ventura, it's also freakin awsome! Heed I have no idea what it costs. The dude I bought my bike from was willing to give it to me for R8500 but he had it on special... P.s my ventura is XL and it wieghs 12.5kgs.