Tokai accident 12 July???

Larry King

Theres that section on level 2 i think when you come down the big roots and then go past/over some jumps while parallel to the main jeep track. Then you wind down and come out and then go down a small planked ramp kinda thing then theres another small bridge with a broken plank in the middle. After that the single track forks;- to the left a raised bridge (similar to a jetty) and to the right just more singletrack. On the fork theres a rock on the left and on the right with a rut down the middle from so much riding in Tokai, had a couple of crashes there. Riding there tomorrow, will see if i can fix it somehow.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please do! I am going to look into the circumstances of how the bump came about and whether it would qualify as needing warning. This has been ongoing, new trenches and rollers are built, but information fails to make it's way to the riders.

A notice board will hopefully be erected soon in the space where the old wooden bin was removed, the roofed structure is still standing and will make a good noticeboard area.

:thumbup:

Just heard from a work colleague who was on the scene when it happened. Apparently a cyclist hit one of the new drainage culverts on the main dirt road at speed. He was in a very bad way... severe facial damage.

Ai, Ai!

:unsure:

That is how Ivan Basso picked up his injury at Mount Etna...

OK, looked at the spot where Peter fell. It is not actually a new culvert, it was made when the Grader scraped about a month ago. Still, if you are not expecting it, tickets!

The bridge is also not the one we thought it was, it is one of the bridges on the left fork of 'Roots', it was placed waaay down the trail as a very weak attempt for a jump. It has been moved back into place.

Happy SAFE riding!

Edited by Pain or Shine

OK, looked at the spot where Peter fell. It is not actually a new culvert, it was made when the Grader scraped about a month ago. Still, if you are not expecting it, tickets!

The bridge is also not the one we thought it was, it is one of the bridges on the left fork of 'Roots', it was placed waaay down the trail as a very weak attempt for a jump. It has been moved back into place.

Happy SAFE riding!

Simon & co's "jump"?

Simon & co's "jump"?

that one, but moved further down.. still not sure what it was supposed to be???

which poor attempt at a jump is it this one? If u standing on the big bridge at the end of my roots leading into the jeep track, where is it? I thought there was this little drop off that short circuited the last berm before that bridge, but it was gone last weekend already.

there was this little drop off

that was the pallet from the trail on the right, where you are standing. I caught them when they had just done it.. S was hiding inside his helmet but his outfit was a dead give-away!. They both knew nothing.. er.. yes nothing!

they both erm, "agreed" that they found it. I hear that 'twas like watching a person with a foot in their mouths trying to escape notice.

OH! WAIT! - You know how that feels! Bwa! Ha! Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Edited by cptmayhem

Not anytime soon, Cap. Not anytime soon.

Oh - on another note. I've put dibs on a leeeetle DH machine. Pittstop's GT DHI. Gonna join you guys soon, should mine gods of SARS have mine wish in thine topmost thoughts!

whch year model GT? Got any pitchers of the actual item?

but to bring the topic back on topic (sic), what's the current status of the fallen rider? I know a thing or two about severe facial injuries.. meh. Can recommend a good plastics surgeon. But if anyone knows the condition of the riders, please post up.

Healing vibes to the man.

Edited by Capricorn