Eldron

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you mean this helmut, you may even get in in carbon fibre

eish! what padding is Inside

You know hat Mcleam and De Kok will be saying now, buy the most expensive helmet on the market, cos "Whats your head worth?"

eish! what padding is Inside

I am sure a few well placed panty liners would do the trick!

jeeeeeeez!! some seriaaaaas weight weenies around here. Maybe a haircut will save more weight than buying another helmet.

From an ancient Bicycling magazine advert 10$ head 10$ helmet ;)

I do not agree. What is the point of paying R3000 (and I think most heads are worth more then that) and the thing is so uncomfortable that it would be less painful to fall without it then to ride with it.

'cmon..............how much weight difference is there between the lightest helmet (not helmut) and the heviest helmet? Will that weight difference really effect your performance? Will you even feel that weight difference on your head?

Buy a helmet that gives you the most protection and forget about weight.

'cmon..............how much weight difference is there between the lightest helmet (not helmut) and the heviest helmet? Will that weight difference really effect your performance? Will you even feel that weight difference on your head?

Their is and big difference lightweight doesn't necessarily mean that the helmet is week!

Take and helmet of 150 grams and one of 500 grams the one of 150 grams has way more ventilation and lighter weight on your head means that it is easier to keep your head up and focus on the road.The one of 500grams is heavy and keeps your head down, witch means you see less of were you are going!

I used to think that way until I bought a Giro Ionos and realised that my neck wasn't as sore after a mtb marathon. I'm not a weight weenie at heart but a light helmet made a big difference to my comfort levels.

Perhaps it's less pronounced on a road bike but mtb with all it's bobbing and weaving means a light weight helmet is a must. In terms of protection - they all meet the required legal levels of protection (whatever credibility that lends to helmets).

Their is and big difference lightweight doesn't necessarily mean that the helmet is week!

Take and helmet of 150 grams and one of 500 grams the one of 150 grams has way more ventilation and lighter weight on your head means that it is easier to keep your head up and focus on the road.The one of 500grams is heavy and keeps your head down, witch means you see less of were you are going!

500g for a helmet. We are talking bicycle helmets here and not those steel things we had to wear in the "skietgat" in the army.

I have never had the need to weigh a bike helmet, but I bet that there won't be more than 100g between a heavy one and a super light one.

When I started cycling I wore a makro helmet that cost R65.00, I shortly upgraded to a decent Bell. The Bell is far more comfortable, but I never noticed any weight difference

Why is helmet weight important?

Hubbers getting bored when they are suppost to work!