5hr Base Training MTB route in Gauteng?

Roons

I am battling to get in some really good long training rides in Johannesburg.

Where can I do a 5hr training route for mountain bikers in Gauteng? I have got a phobia about tar, so avoiding it is the best idea. Happy to drive a short way to the departure spot if necessary.

Ideally do not want to do 5 - 1 hour loops! Big%20smile

Thanks!

Roons

I must say I am finding the spruit a little boring at the moment. smiley5.gif

Whats more, it is like the bloody M1 on the weekend. Wacko

Best would be to drive out to Hekpoort.

From there cycle over Breedtsnek to Zuurbrak then towards Buffelspoort Dam and then return back over Breedtsnek. Total distance is approx 98 k's

There is apparantly a new mtb park which opened in Magalies...haven't seen the routes as yet..will post more info a little later as I dont have the flyer with me at the moment.

But ja...most people use Breedsnek for their epic training

where in Magaliesburg? Do you have details???

will post when I get home, dont have it with me at moment

Best would be to drive out to Hekpoort.

From there cycle over Breedtsnek to Zuurbrak then towards Buffelspoort Dam and then return back over Breedtsnek. Total distance is approx 98 k's

After Breedsnek turn left at the tar - a short section and then left again past the hotel and the treetop adventures. This ads a nice extra loop befor hitting Zuurbraak

Roons where do you stay, we do a 5 hour mtb ride every Sat morning out on the East Rand (no loops). The only tar sections are the first and last 10 minutes from where we meet.

I am live in the Lonehill (Fourways) area but more than happy to drive.

I am going to try and organise a group for Hekpoort this Saturday. Does anyone have a GPS track for this route? Anyone?

I'll PM you my details. You're more than welcome to join us. I suppose the only negatives are that we leave fairly early on Sat morning, usually 5am.

Average pace is usually about 25km/h.

Roons, I am keen for hekpoort, but can only do Sunday. I know the route so let me know if you are able to get a group together for sunday instead. All my riding partners have bailed out this weekend!