Slime in tyres

awesme

Questions,

Slime= thick, gungy...

my valve = thin...

hmm, see problem.

how do i remove the valve core, it's of the smaller/thinner variety. not the same core's as per car tires that you just screw out with supplied tool.

G

You have what is called a presta valve , make sure you have a tube with a removable core ( the "presta" part comes out ) if not you need to buy a tube like that . ie conti tubes have removable presta valves.

hmmm, think you hit nail on head...

top of valve to which the little screw thing unscrew to is round, not place for screwdriver to go and screw it out.

will have to check my bike also, it's tubeless, same size valve, but haven't checked the valve core.

thanks.

G

hmmm, think you hit nail on head...

top of valve to which the little screw thing unscrew to is round, not place for screwdriver to go and screw it out.

will have to check my bike also, it's tubeless, same size valve, but haven't checked the valve core.

thanks.

G

If its tubeless it will have tubeless valves and as far as i have seen they all have removable cores ( the section where your valve cap screws on should have two flat sides so you can fit a small spanner [think its 5 or 6 mm] on it )

Also bought some slime from sportsmans warehouse, only to find out that I can't get it into my tubeless tire? My presta valve does not have a removable core? Currently I have Stan's sealant in my tubeless, I believe...but doubt it will work forever. :unsure:

Also bought some slime from sportsmans warehouse, only to find out that I can't get it into my tubeless tire? My presta valve does not have a removable core? Currently I have Stan's sealant in my tubeless, I believe...but doubt it will work forever. :unsure:

If they tubeless simply let the air out pop a small section of the tire off . pour some slime in put the tire back and pump it up.actually no need to remove the valve.

Iron, that will work for me, the other half is running tubes in her tires though.

G

There you go , a successful day on the hub for you :thumbup:

Now just need to get tubes for the bosses bike that can have their valves taken out.