Maxxis

_freak_

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossmark as a back tire, Monorail as front.

Larssen tt as a surfaced road trainer.

What exactly was the question?

According to your diagram the Aspen, Monorail and Crossmark is the same tire? Non of them offering good cornering.

The monorail is one of the better tires i have used. Lots swear by the crossmark as well. a Friend did the epic on a monorail (non ust and used it tubeless) with no problems ever.

So my vote goes for the monorail and the crossmark. I see cwc sells the crossmark ust for R350. Not bad

I had a maxis crossmark on the back for the Attakwas and had a blowout at 15kms, suffice to say i will not ride Maxxis again :angry:

I didn't like the monorail on front for wooded trails with roots. I found they slipped really easily on dry roots never mind damp. Where and what do you ride on?

Can`t be right the Aspen rolls noticeably faster than the Crossmark and Ikon. The Aspen is the rear tire to have for dry xc, paired with a RacingRalph or Ikon up front.

Monorail crossmark combo is a very good rule of thumb to start off with.

That combo is very good for something like groenies/ fountains like terrain.

Where a Monorail Raceking or a Mountain/ Race-king combo works very well for places like Harkerville with damp Knysna forest mud/ground where the MK really sticks in the corners.

I have been using the foldables tubeless with no hassles since the start of the year and am very pleased so far.

Unlike the foldables form Conti that can be troublesome at times.

Another tire that is looking really promising for the 29er is the Ikon, which is only availalble in 29er format.

Definitely a front tire i would be trying out soon with my first 29er build.

As far as I know the Monorail is not available in 29er format, but the Crossmarks are.

The Aspen and Ikon are superior xc tyres to the Crossmark and Monorail, in fact I would say the Crossmark is deprecated. SA is the dumping ground for Crossmarks.

The Aspen and Ikon are superior xc tyres to the Crossmark and Monorail, in fact I would say the Crossmark is deprecated. SA is the dumping ground for Crossmarks.

In your opinion, that is.

Yes but my opinion is scientific fact. You don`t see the pros mounting crossmarks or monorails, nope. They mount the new improved breed of tires - Aspens or Ikons. I have also used these tyres myself.

Yes but my opinion is scientific fact. You don`t see the pros mounting crossmarks or monorails, nope. They mount the new improved breed of tires - Aspens or Ikons. I have also used these tyres myself.

Please share the related scientific source with the rest of us.

Please share the related scientific source with the rest of us.

Here: