Behaviour of some of the 'top cyclists'

Hardegat

I'm amazed at how many Hubbers think that the behaviour displayed is acceptable. I can sort of understand it in the heat of battle (sort of) but when the race is over? Come on this is simply a poor show in front of little kid, signs a weak character in my opinion, definitely not a role model :thumbdown:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say lost, do you mean you were in contention for winning or you just didn't do as well as you had hoped?

And did you also throw a hissy fit at the end in front of the camera and your young child?

Lost, as in not 1st place finish anymore.

And no, I have never thrown fits like a brat that got his allowance cut in half. Its pathetic, unsportsmanlike, and childish.

Guest agteros

And no, I have never thrown fits like a brat that got his allowance cut in half. Its pathetic, unsportsmanlike, and childish.

and human?

I have a silly idea... Tell us an emotionally driven event in your life that you regret and we'll have a go at shredding it anonymously.

If there isn't an event you feel a tad embarrassed about then you're a better human being than all of us.

I have a silly idea... Tell us an emotionally driven event in your life that you regret and we'll have a go at shredding it anonymously.

If there isn't an event you feel a tad embarrassed about then you're a better human being than all of us.

Oh oh oh! pick me! pick me! I have story! Can I tell it uh? Can I? Oh please can I?

I agree. Nevermind unsportsmanlike, that guy's behaviour was embarassing and undignified. If he was 14 I would put it down as being immature, but this dude has an obvious inability to see the wood for the trees - something most great athletes learn at a young age. I guess there's a reason no-one knows what his name is....

Oh oh oh! pick me! pick me! I have story! Can I tell it uh? Can I? Oh please can I?

Go for it! After that I'll regale you with tales from my MTN Clarens weekend...

Go for it! After that I'll regale you with tales from my MTN Clarens weekend...

Ten four captain!

Ok it is not cycling related but I felt like a tjop!

I went to go do a service at a hospital in polokwane. First time I have ever been there. So they had this printer/scanner/copier device slightly overlapping the door of the MRI room where I needed to go into.

So I am standing here trying to figure out how am I going to get into the room with this thing in the way. I tried to move it but that sucker is heavy.

So I go ask the radiographer: "How do I get in with that thing in the way?" as I pointed to the scanner/copier/fax thing.

She walks past me and pushes the door... :blush:

So in summary: Hey, I'm MJ. I am here to service you R10mil machine - and i cant even open a door.

Edited by The real MJ

and human?

Absolutely right - he is human. I am sure he may be a decent guy. To be a truly accomplished pro you need to be more than "human".

Absolutely right - he is human. I am sure he may be a decent guy. To be a truly accomplished pro you need to be more than "human".

On this site, human will do just fine!

It amazes me how many pro's are out there these days. Just look at it:

To be a truly accomplished pro you need to be more than "human".

This man knows what it is like to be a pro. :lol:

Edited by The real MJ

and human?

Yes human, but when it front of a camera is that the responsible thing to do?

Being a pro, (he still is a pro even if you haven't heard of him.) it is his responsibility to set the example,

even if nobody knows him.

Guest agteros

Yes human, but when it front of a camera is that the responsible thing to do?

Being a pro, (he still is a pro even if you haven't heard of him.) it is his responsibility to set the example,

even if nobody knows him.

I doubt what you want from him is in his contract ... He is a freakin' bicycle racer, not a Nobel laureate in the human sciences. All he has to do is ride his bike, preferably fast, and most preferably fast enough to win the race... Did he fail in that?

And this comes to mind as well: There is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about. - Oscar Wilde

Question to all the hissy-fitters on this thread: How is what you people are doing (throwing virtual stones) any different from the loutish behaviour of those throwing bricks and stones in the UK?

Did any of you engage the rider, the sponsor, the race organiser, anybody involved with the 'incident', in an open and constructive manner?

Easy to throw stones(chirps/comments) from the sideline armchair behind a veil of anonymity, much like it is to throw stones with a face hidden behind a scarf, or/or hoodie.

So, to all the stone throwers: Please do not demand the constructs of civility if you are not able, or willing, to express that firstly!

Edited by agteros

Bwaaaahahahahaha!

grb285 using words like restraint, dignity and respect for others around you! Boet, you is flipping funny!

You are a pro ne? So you know what it's like mos!

I read his comment and thought 'what? That totally isn't how grb285 behaves', I mean look how he had a go at DD. Anyway, glad it's not just me who saw that.

For the record, a real champion not only knows how to win, he also knows how to lose. Look at Hail Burry to see what I mean - when he is bested, the 2010 Barberton race being a perfect example - when he and Max came into the sprint and Burry had a flat back tyre - Burry was gracious in defeat and congratulatory of Max. He didn't say he lost because of the tyre, he said it was a problem and well done Max.

Seriously Strong Knysna 200 was an awesome race with some of the most amazing single track, down hills to die for and views that make you what to come back. I watched for 3 Days how the mentioned team gave more then a 110%. To say 'get over yourself, *#@! happens is all fair and well when it's not happening to you!! We moan because our SA cyclist are so far behind the rest of the world (exception of 3 or 4) and then we complain when they are 'Seriously Serious'. Take a bike mech who is passionate about his sport, trains many hours a week has a wife and child at home, consider what he earns while repairing your massively priced bike and think how he would feel after giving maximum for three days and then see the prize money of an awesome race slip away. Had he thrown his toys out the cot and climbed on the sweep vechile, that would have been a different story. Instead of giving up 'like most of us would' he RACED the last 42km on his rim. So what if he was a little psyched.... Bet you wish you could do 1 km on your rim !!! Well done dude, never giving up paid off.

Guest agteros
All this said, the sponsor benefitted either way. ALL publicity is good publicity, so SCORE!!!

The sponsors should be pleased. They earned good airtime. It is better to be talked about than not talked about at all.

The whole "I don't care what you say about me as long as you spell my name right…" thing!

And this comes to mind as well: There is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about. - Oscar Wilde

LOL we all referred to the same thing! Edited by agteros