This rack is tuf...

AndreZA

That does look pretty cool, and at $180 (+- R1300) a pop that's not bad at all. Off course, that's without taking the South African rip off factor into account.

I'm not crazy about the ratchet tie down, Thule just makes it way easier. But I'm a lazy person by nature. :P

Also not sure that will work on my normal tow bar?

not gonna work with my roadie..... looks overkill too - more for 4x4's that get taken up to the start of the train in the mountains. :thumbup:

If your frame is covered in mud and you use that ratchet system it will ruin your paintwork.

If your frame is covered in mud and you use that ratchet system it will ruin your paintwork.

i agree with you on this, you going to wear down your paint on the frame using a ratchet strap like they show in that video

Come to think of it, I tie a sock around my bike even with Thule's system. an do the same here, maybe with soft felt or something similar.

Hey guys, thanks for the interest! To address some of your concerns, we will be including strap pads on the ratchet straps to eliminate and wear between the strap and bike, but in our testing and through feedback from team riders we found that the wear without using the pad is extremely minimal to non existent. Also, a cool thing about our racks is that they are on average 25% lighter than other company's tray style racks. If anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to email me at adam@tufrack.com.

This rack is so illegal without lights or bolted on number plate holders.

Surely this can be sorted out easily?

That does look pretty cool, and at $180 (+- R1300) a pop that's not bad at all. Off course, that's without taking the South African rip off factor into account.

If bought off the website, at $190 per rack plus $70 for a 3-bike receiver the total would be $640 = R4,480 (at a conservative R7/$ rate) for a three-bike holder (currently R7.20 so more like R4600). Excludes shipping etc. Holdfast do a three-bike Sprint for considerably less (just over R2500). It already has lights and a number plate holder to make it legal, and frankly, by the looks of it, is more stable and is easier to load.

Edited by Mushilele

Bwah ha ha ha :lol: Big Brothers watching us

It's freaky how that they found that I link to their site.