32GI

ridr

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
all of this for a R200 tub of energy drink? i would hate to sell you a car smiley36.gif

That's what I thought. And they even give you money back guarantee so what's there to lose?

Sounds Gr8... Will try and source from Dischem' date=' any other stockists in Cape Town?[/quote']

No use going to Dischem. They do not stock it at present. Most do not know of the product and some only heard about it and do not know when they will stock it. Believe me' date=' I've tried most Dischem's in Cape Town/Bellville/Brackenfell/Durbanville area.

Would also like who besides Dischem stock it.

wolffm, not slating your distribution network, just frustrated as I'd like to get hold of the product to use it myself.

[/quote']

Hi there, I phoned Kotov's corner at the the Colosseum in Century city yesterday. they have the 1kg tub for R239...

Thanks, will give them a try this weekend.

Exactly! did you manage to do that long ride yet Mampara? im using 32Gi to carbo load for the 24 hour race saterday and will be using it for this race so its gonna be intereting to see the results

glad you're so willing for part with r200 for something of no established superior benefit. er wanna gimme r200 for a hypnosis session on the offchance it works?smiley1.gif

ja maybe i should be more productively occupied but carbohydrate metabolism is an interest and my field of study, so i'm always keen to hear about new and better products - but then they need be demonstrably better.

Don't worry, i'll pass on the proof the moment i get it, butI've had no further response yet from 32gi.

Exactly! did you manage to do that long ride yet Mampara? im using 32Gi to carbo load for the 24 hour race saterday and will be using it for this race so its gonna be intereting to see the results

No sorry did not. I was sick. I will be using it during the Honda Trophy this weekend. Funny bit is I'm more worried about which tyres to use then which energy juice to use.

glad you're so willing for part with r200 for something of no established superior benefit. er wanna gimme r200 for a hypnosis session on the offchance it works?

Yes I will. Will you give it back if I'm not happy with the results?

it's all desperately easy to resolve - slap 12 people onto a power-measuring rig and in a double-blind randomised protocol, let them do a 20 or 40 km TT either as a stand-alone ride or after a one-hour submaximal ride, once with gi32 and another time with a maltodextrin or any other kind of energy drink and lets see what happens.

There is nothing wrong with questioning a specific product or its contents, but  whats the point of making a comment like "shameless dodgy marketing here, and appalling website content aside"

Mark has been open and honest about the product, he has answered all of the questions put to him and has even offered advice on nutrition.

I had an issue with one of my overnight deliveries to KZN, as Mark was coming to KZN we agreed to meet and he gave me a replacement container - no questions asked.

As I learnt, Mark is an athlete (Iron Man etc...) and passionate about nutrition and 32Gi, he came across as humble and sincere.

Mark has always asked for comments and suggestions with regard to 32Gi regardless of wether it is good or bad.

Lets stick to the facts here rather than resort to pointless rhetoric.

There is nothing wrong with questioning a specific product or its contents' date=' but  whats the point of making a comment like "shameless dodgy marketing here, and appalling website content aside"

Mark has been open and honest about the product, he has answered all of the questions put to him and has even offered advice on nutrition.

I had an issue with one of my overnight deliveries to KZN, as Mark was coming to KZN we agreed to meet and he gave me a replacement container - no questions asked.

As I learnt, Mark is an athlete (Iron Man etc...) and passionate about nutrition and 32Gi, he came across as humble and sincere.

Mark has always asked for comments and suggestions with regard to 32Gi regardless of wether it is good or bad.

Lets stick to the facts here rather than resort to pointless rhetoric.

[/quote']

smiley32.gifsmiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

ok my sincere apologies to Mark and the gi brand, you're right - it wasn't shameless marketing, just normal good marketing. i hadn't checked that they weren't  suspiciously-recent members who were singing it's praises.

The website, admittedly with an "under construction" disclaimer, is not appalling, but has aspects that are poor.

But i still await something looking like proof that it's better than any other commercial drink. It may well be, and i'd like it to be, and the proprietary ingedient has some applications in diabetes, but there's nothing yet presented to prove it's performance claims.

Well I took the product along to the Panorama tour after getting my system used to it for the past two weeks.(cross training for Comrades)

Saturdays ride of around 108k I found the product worked well for me over the first 50-60km thereafter I had to use my gels as well to keep me going. on my 10k run afterwards I was flat.

Sunday was fine for the first 65 odd kays then I used gels again and Monday I switched back to my Perpetuem and had no such issues even with my running afterwards and there was no need for the gel.

Im my opinion the product works well for the short distances.Both cycling and running not unless you have support on the road to give you top ups along the way esp on Comrades and marathons as you cannot run that distances with a bottle in hand.

The nice thing about the product was there was no after taste or nausia from drinking that much.

"Stephen should not have a problem if his support on the road mixes the drink according to his taste and gives it to him at the right intervals".

Er no, that was sincere, so i'm sorry if it came across as sarcasm; none was intended.

but i agree the topic is a dead horse.

Archived