32GI

ridr

If you guys are getting the runs or stomach cramps from any product there could be a number of reasons. I am not speaking about specific product here, but let me explain:

A product that has a high GI or whats called a glucose concentrated solution needs to be considered very carefully. As a simple example yesterday was Ironman the temperature was quite a bit colder than usual around 18 degrees. This means less hydration. The atrhletes that used gels for fuel, I advised to split the feed into separate feeds, as if you take a gel on its own and then dont consume at least 250-280mls of water with it, you dont get an appropriate 7-8% solution and it will cause what is termed GI distress on the stomach. GI distress occurs when there is a large amount of sugar concentrate in the gut, the body cannot process it properly and it can lead to diarrhea, nausea and severe cramps in the stomach. Its a terrible feeling in the stomach. You need to very wary of hydration versus carbohydrate intake and type of carb intake. Octane is a huge GI load to the stomach, for some people it might be fine for others they could be overly sensitive to it. The other thing is you cannot just consume liquid when you are not thirsty, this will cause an overhydrated effect which will leave u feeling worse off as the liquid will not be absorbed properly, so on a cold day yes people tell me I will consume more, come on thats not realistic the mechanism of thirst is phenomenal and you need to learn how to listen, preempting thirst can lead to major issues. 32Gi Endurance is different to a high concentrate, the difference is that it does not digest in the upper bowels like most quick releasing sugars it digests in the lower bowels, this means that if you eat nonsense before an event, such as a large piece of red meat which is nicely fermenting lower down, you should expect the sugar breakdown to occur in a similar area, its better to stagger a feed always, never take in it all at once, its just an overload, and you really need to plan your nutrition very carefully. Yesterday at IM most athletes I had warned before the event, hit the marathon with major cramps and toilet usage, it was a simple case of GI distress for sure. As for Accelerate, I can tell you that it is the highest calorie energy drink on the market, 300 per a serving, 75grams of carbs and it kicks in immediately. Its got an excellent emptying rate and very easy on the stomach with a slow taper. You need to see what works for you try it during training, be smart and listen to your body, just remember the elements in any event can go from hot to cold, etc and you need to know how to handle these elements from a nutrition point of view.

later

m

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

Can someone confirm my math.

So a tub s 900gram@ R250/tub. Serving is 3 scoops ± 75grams, implying 12 servings/tub.

servicing gets mixed with 500-750ml water, implying 9L (for 750ml mixture) @ R250 = R27/L

G

Oh,right, you mean like a banana or some fruit cake. Cool. I'm sorted without the price tag and the pretentiousness...

Not everybody want to ride with fruitcakes ;)

I am trying the chews out on Saturday for the first time- it better work otherwise I'll be walking up Vissershok and Odendaal's blush.gif

Either invite a fruitcake along, or take something else to gel with.

Hi all

Can someone confirm my math.

So a tub s 900gram@ R250/tub. Serving is 3 scoops ± 75grams, implying 12 servings/tub.

servicing gets mixed with 500-750ml water, implying 9L (for 750ml mixture) @ R250 = R27/L

G

Depends where u buy it I dilute Accellerate to 600ml's its not about the amount of water u put with it as you need to seperate energy requirements from hydration requirements.

900grams will give you 12 servings however u dilute it. Remember those 12 servings are 75grams servings = +-300calories per a serving, if you compare this to pricing products on the market u will see value for sure. Some products require 2-3 servings to reach the desired effect ;-), equate to energy not water thats more accurate, energy = calories. The stability carbs we use are very expensive its a very well designed drink nothing like it. Its also not the kind of drink u train on consistently, this is a once a week or racing drink, you should not become dependent on Accelerate.

all the best

M

I tried the 32Gi Endurance on Sunday for the first time.

I didn't get any bad cramps in my legs nothing and I battle with bad spasm cramping a lot at gym and previous cycling events.

Nice tasting as well. No sooooo sweet like most energy drinks.

No stomach problems either :)

Definitely changing from cytomax to 32Gi

Hi there

thanks for the response, appreciate it, understand what you've said.

So at the moment I ride with Energade in my hydro pack. with what you've said I will start riding with a bottle again, with 32GI in it, but now, what do I put back into my hydro pack, I like to sip as I ride.

PS: I hate clear water.

G

Depends where u buy it I dilute Accellerate to 600ml's its not about the amount of water u put with it as you need to seperate energy requirements from hydration requirements.

900grams will give you 12 servings however u dilute it. Remember those 12 servings are 75grams servings = +-300calories per a serving, if you compare this to pricing products on the market u will see value for sure. Some products require 2-3 servings to reach the desired effect ;-), equate to energy not water thats more accurate, energy = calories. The stability carbs we use are very expensive its a very well designed drink nothing like it. Its also not the kind of drink u train on consistently, this is a once a week or racing drink, you should not become dependent on Accelerate.

all the best

M

what do I put back into my hydro pack, I like to sip as I ride.

PS: I hate clear water.

Water with some food colouring?

Started using 32Gi Endurance about 2 weeks ago and I don't feel nearly as hammered at the end of the ride as I normally did on USN/Energade/Powerade/GU/etc/etc

Seems to do the trick nicely. Time to tub up.

Started using 32Gi Endurance about 2 weeks ago and I don't feel nearly as hammered at the end of the ride as I normally did on USN/Energade/Powerade/GU/etc/etc Seems to do the trick nicely. Time to tub up.

There is a reason for that. The carbohydrate we use is a dissacharide the glucose enters the blood at a slower rate, avoiding high peaks and sudden drops in glucose levels and therefore insulin levels as well. This leads to a more balanced and prolonged energy supply in the form of glucose. At the end of your ride the product is still releasing glucose into the blood stream giving you that balanced feeling ;-).

That is the advantage.

When you talk we listen :-). So you want to travel, you want to keep your water and energy requirements separate. You don't like carrying water bottles while running, or mixing powders on route. You need some sort of a portable energy level stabilizer or something which can replace a gel or powder in a simple chew-able format. Soon to be released meet the 32Gi Energy Tab range. Endurance & Accelerate in a chew-able form making it an easy and convenient delivery mechanism for your energy needs :-). Stay tuned for more exciting products from 32Gi.

hey Mark, i have sent several Pm's ... please reply. I am looking for advice on using 32 GI for early morning runs and if one needs to eat as well before.

thx

hey Mark, i have sent several Pm's ... please reply. I am looking for advice on using 32 GI for early morning runs and if one needs to eat as well before.

thx

Sorry Miggies, been travelling overseas just returned tons of emails to respond to.......will respond I promise.

Started a few years back on USN, then tried 32Gi, then Hammer Perpetuem... Man, that Hammer stuff tastes BAD...! (Probably because it's got no added flavourants. :nuke:) Anyway, now I'm going back to 32Gi. It worked really well for me, and tastes good. At the end of a 100kay+ ride, I can't face sucking on another bottle of warm Hammer...! :wacko:

Archived