Best place to buy Oakleys?

gadget

Hi Hub,

I'm looking for Oakley Split Jackets and was wondering where the best place to buy is in your opinion. I've checked CWC, Cyclelab and Sunglasshut.

At the moment I don't have an opportunity to get someone to buy it in the US, so I'm looking for SA options - online or otherwise.

Edited by gadget

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hub,

I'm looking for Oakley Split Jackets and was wondering where the best place to buy is in your opinion. I've checked CWC, Cyclelab and Sunglasshut.

At the moment I don't have an opportunity to get someone to buy it in the US, so I'm looking for SA options - online or otherwise.

Buy online from the UK, Im about to order some Ray-Bans.

Buy in SA...why? Because you can try them on. Some of the oakleys look lekker until you put them on and then you see how silly they make you look(case and point would be jawbones on me look stupid, split-jackets looks lekker)

Got a great deal at sunglasshut last year, buy any 2 sunnies and only pay 40% of the second one, wife's christmas present sorted :thumbup:

What are the duties on sunnies?

I don't think there are duties/ vat on sunnies.

Try Vision3K, thats where I got my last pair from. I had them sent to mate that was there for three days and she brought them back for me.

I'm looking at getting my Ray-Bans from here My link, almost R800 cheaper.

Edited by Caerus

case and point would be jawbones on me look stupid, split-jackets looks lekker

Wanted Jawbones, saw myself in them today - moving to split-jackets.

Hi Hub,

aren't oakley's price controlled in SA? you never find them on sale either (always excluded at sunglass hut)

Get them from the UK if you can! I just paid a miniscule £137 for my Radar Paths with Red Iridium Lenses. Down from £215, on special from my LBS :thumbup:

I ordered my flak jackets from the states:

Sunglasses International - they dont send to SA, so I set up a mail forwarding account with myus.com

I got it a week after ordering, duties came to just over R400.

UK prices not much better than SA, the states is the way to go.

Wanted Jawbones, saw myself in them today - moving to split-jackets.

Good call, lovely glasses, get the polarized red iridium lenses if the budget allows, wont be sorry

Get them from the UK if you can! I just paid a miniscule £137 for my Radar Paths with Red Iridium Lenses. Down from £215, on special from my LBS :thumbup:

You live there though :lol: Where you shopping?

I ordered my flak jackets from the states:

Sunglasses International - they dont send to SA, so I set up a mail forwarding account with myus.com

I got it a week after ordering, duties came to just over R400.

UK prices not much better than SA, the states is the way to go.

That depends where you shop, I'm saving almost R800 on my Ray-Bans(Im told will take 6 weeks to get here), I can get them from the UK in 7 days. I saved almost a grand on my adidas glasses I got in Feb.

You live there though :lol: Where you shopping?

I know :rolleyes: ... you see, besides the crappy weather, we can at least pay some decent prices for our "needs"... Got them from a small little Bike Shop about a mile from my place called K Cycles! Aparently they have been running form 20 years odd already. Rode with the original owner over the weekend and sh*t... at 60 odd, still rides like a legend!!:blink:

I know :rolleyes: ... you see, besides the crappy weather, we can at least pay some decent prices for our "needs"... Got them from a small little Bike Shop about a mile from my place called K Cycles! Aparently they have been running form 20 years odd already. Rode with the original owner over the weekend and sh*t... at 60 odd, still rides like a legend!!:blink:

I still miss certain things :( We are now even contemplating coming back for about 6 months before we head for Oz.