Who commutes from Table View to town?

Woofie

Wow that early?! I'm putting together/repairing my old hardtail for use as a commuter. Right now am using the Trance. I only leave about 7 though.

Yea start work at 6 ish <_<

Cool, shot guys.

I will PM you guys for your email addresses so that you guys can make contact (he is not on the hub)

Little question: about how long does it take? I have to drop my car off at the mechanic in Killarney Gardens should I take pepper spray?)on Friday, then ride through to Obs.

Killarney garden, you would have to go along Blaauberg road or Koeberg.

Obs, always take pepper spray.

Time should be about an hour and 15 minutes if you leave the mechanic before 7am

I rode from Plattekloof this morning on my ss and got to CBD in and hour (robot and pedestrian dependant)

Where is everyone at the moment? Once again very quiet on the road from Melkbos to town this morning. The brt route is very nice to use at the moment.

I was riding at about 7 ish on the BRT. Met a guy training for the AMAShova, otherwise it was rather quiet.

Same time for me...met only one other guy while crossing the lake/river/dam before paddocks.

Same time for me...met only one other guy while crossing the lake/river/dam before paddocks.

It has been a lonely winter out there, but previous years have been even lonelier ... so I would say that there is more cycling traffic out there

did you push him onto the road :lol: ? the cycle path on that bridge... its kinda narrow isn't it?

Killarney garden, you would have to go along Blaauberg road or Koeberg.

Obs, always take pepper spray.

Time should be about an hour and 15 minutes if you leave the mechanic before 7am

I rode from Plattekloof this morning on my ss and got to CBD in and hour (robot and pedestrian dependant)

Lekker, thanks Nobody. About what I figured but it's useful to have confirmation.

Haha, nope, we both fitted rather nicely - spacd go spare! He saw me coming (thank you magicshine) and very politely moved over. I'm yet to suddenly find someone pushing a trolley there. That would be interesting.

I think I'll be having a few wet commutes later this week...

Good to see the increase in cycle commuters along the cycle path to town. Our 5am training group rides alongside most of the route on a Tues morn from our Paarden Eiland turning all the way through Blouberg to Big Bay and then back to Edgemead. We avoid the cycle path though, as it's too risky going against the commuter traffic at speed with a training group. I've ridden the cycle path to town a few times and there are some sections that make me extra cautious because of missing drain covers (why did they have to use metal ones and not concrete :blink: ) and suspicious characters. One of our club members was in fact mugged a few months back on the route out of Paarden Eiland, but have not heard of another incident. Just hope it stays safe.