Sit back and have a good........

Skye

can you imagine the following lingette quote,

there is a strong cross wind here, guys are snorting up the white line. But wait is that Pantani, did the commisare see that, yes, yes he did, here is the wail off sirens, another cyclist has been DQ ed. I am sure the sponsors and the police will want to be interviewing him soon. Well this is better than been forced onto to grass. At least there is a support vehicle to give him a lift home.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

South Africans in general have an unhealthy disregard for most rules and regulations, so, selfish and hostile behaviour in cycling events is really just a by product of this disrespect for anything which, in effect may inconvenience the person concerned.

In any occupation, event, activity there has to be rules and regulations, its no differant in cycling, but like many other issues in SA, the rules are in place, but they are simply not sufficiently policed or the consequences of getting caught are so minor that it has no deterrant effect and many people will just continue to offend and disregard any and all rules (because it suits there selfish ends) to the detriment of all.

South Africans in general have an unhealthy disregard for most rules and regulations' date=' so, selfish and hostile behaviour in cycling events is really just a by product of this disrespect for anything which, in?effect may inconvenience the person concerned.

?

In any occupation, event, activity there has to be rules and regulations, its no differant in cycling, but like many other issues in SA, the rules are in place, but?they are simply not sufficiently?policed or the consequences of getting caught?are so?minor that it has no deterrant effect and many?people will just?continue to offend and disregard any and all rules (because it suits there selfish ends)?to the detriment of all.

[/quote']

well said

I was listening to Deacon Blue today and even they go on about this topic. I kid you not! In "Fergus sings the blues" they sing:"Stay on the left side of the white lines"...

I was listening to Deacon Blue today and even they go on about this topic. I kid you not! In "Fergus sings the blues" they sing:"Stay on the left side of the white lines"...[/QUO

Are,nt they an American band? they drive on the RHS of the road.NNF

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c5/DeaconBlueLogo.png/150px-DeaconBlueLogo.png
OriginGlasgow, Scotland
Genre(s)Pop
Rock
Blues
Alternative rock
Years active1985?present
Label(s)Columbia Records
Sony Music Entertainment
Chrysalis Records
Websitewww.deaconblue.com
Members
Ricky Ross
James Prime
Lorraine McIntosh
Dougie Vipond
Former members
Graeme Kelling (deceased)
Ewen Vernal

Deacon Blue are a Scottish pop band. The name of the band is taken from the title of a Steely Dan song, whose lyrics seem to reflect the group's early outlook:

They got a name for the winners in the world

From Wikipedia' date=' the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c5/DeaconBlueLogo.png/150px-DeaconBlueLogo.png
OriginGlasgow, Scotland
Genre(s)Pop
Rock
Blues
Alternative rock
Years active1985?present
Label(s)Columbia Records
Sony Music Entertainment
Chrysalis Records
Websitewww.deaconblue.com
Members
Ricky Ross
James Prime
Lorraine McIntosh
Dougie Vipond
Former members
Graeme Kelling (deceased)
Ewen Vernal

Deacon Blue are a Scottish pop band. The name of the band is taken from the title of a Steely Dan song, whose lyrics seem to reflect the group's early outlook:

They got a name for the winners in the world [/quote']

They drive on any side of the road they feel like in Scotland;god bless em.NNF