What is my _(cycling item)__ worth?

Often, you want to sell something, but don't know what price to ask.

I wouldn't want to post an ad at a ridiculously high price; and neither do I want to do myself in.

This thread is where you can post something and ask for some input and reference points. One thing is for sure: there are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful hubbers.

Just note, this not the place to question the sale price posted by someone in the classifieds.

Generally you'll be in search of constructive suggestions and notes about your own article.

It might also serve you well to ask here about what could be a fair offer if offers have been requested. If you like.

But be thorough in preparing your request for help here.

Persons offering guidance are not accountable for any eventualities based on information received here.

• 2 weeks later...

What is my Specialized Tarmac Pro worth?

Little ridden Specialized Tarmac Pro(I'm an MTBer), excellent condition, Richey bars and stem, Shimano Ultegra throughout, Fizik 'One' seat, Keo clipless pedals, Specialized 'wedge' tailback (mini) and Velomax 'Circuit' rims, with Conti Gatorskins.

Never dropped, size 58. I'm 6 foot tall.

Cheers

An item is normally worth more to its owner than any prospective buyer. So what would you pay for your stuff? Subtract 20% off that and you should have a good starting price. Also remember second hand will always be less (up to 50%) than brand new.

What is my BMC worth?

Full Dura-Ace

KCNC team stem, KCNC seatpost

Specialized Carbon handlebar

Size 54 which is equivalent of 56

post-8961-0-85520200-1315751891.jpg

Any item is only worth what the market is willing to pay. You will never have the correct answer till someone takes out their wallet and hands you a bunch of R100.00 notes

Any item is only worth what the market is willing to pay. You will never have the correct answer till someone takes out their wallet and hands you a bunch of R100.00 notes

Or R200's, or an EFT confirmation :clap:

Very good topic. It should assist both buyer and seller if contributions are forthcoming.

I have changed to a 10 speed and so I would like to sell my 9 speed components. They worked well on my bike and believe they are worth something although they are used.

What a have is the following - all 105 9 speed in good working order.

Shifters

FD and RD

Cluster

Chain

Hollowtech crank -(no BB)

My LBS said they are worth R1400 but I believe R1200 would be a fair price?

Any comments/suggestions?

Any offers?

What does it weigh ? and can we see a pic of it on your couch ?

Its difficult to give good advice if more info and photographic perspective is lacking.