Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just hit the magical R10 000 of savings, just on fuel alone.

:clap: You plan to spend it on bike stuff I hope! :clap:

:clap: You plan to spend it on bike stuff I hope! :clap:

Let's just say I operated on the IOU system here :ph34r: Only a few more months of commuting to pay off the new MTB.

The priceless part is having a chat to a neighbour - and telling me he's now commuting as well every now and again since seeing me do so. It feels good to have been able to make a difference, even if it is a very small one.

Let's just say I operated on the IOU system here :ph34r: Only a few more months of commuting to pay off the new MTB.

The priceless part is having a chat to a neighbour - and telling me he's now commuting as well every now and again since seeing me do so. It feels good to have been able to make a difference, even if it is a very small one.

I love it when more people start cycling. I get rather passionate about it and I get some friends to think it is a really good idea. However, so far it has remained only a good idea. Hopefully I can get one or two hooked as well. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

I see the Hairy bunch is growing. Beats cycling alone

Pietas ... what bike you riding so that I know what/who to look out for?

Does it freak you guys out when a bus passes really close to you?

Not as much as when an 18 wheeler truck passes really close .... with the cycle lanes up in Cape Town I fortunately am not exposed to that any more!

Not as much as when an 18 wheeler truck passes really close .... with the cycle lanes up in Cape Town I fortunately am not exposed to that any more!

I wish we had cycling lanes. When I pass the university here in Auckland Park there are about 20 busses at once.

18 wheelers are bad....it feels like they never stop passing.... :unsure:

After a two month hiatus it feels great to be back on the bike for my commute to work. You just get that awesome sense of freedom on the bike. You just got to love it!

On the Melkbos rd the buses get rather close...but it's the speed at which some people constantly come past that gets to me.

With summer here it seems the number of guys that will hook on to your wheel seems to have exploded. At the very least they can say hi?

Yeah, I've changed my route to minimize bus traffic. You complain about them to their bosses, and they behave for a week (spoke to a Gautrain bus driver the other day, he said they got a real kakout the one day after a complaint from a cyclist) but then they veer back to old habits. I've learnt to listen very closely to approaching 9from behind) buses - you can hear the aggro ones that's gonna get close to you :)