Calling all White Line Crossers

Pantani

I take exception to being labeled reckless and a danger to other cyclists on the road. To me it's clear that there exists a chasm between those who race for enjoyment and those who race competitively...

In the aftermath of the "Hels Hoogte" debate I see it fit to undertake to be more safety conscious next time I am out racing and endeavour to always abide by the rules of the road even if it might mean forfeiting a good result.

Of course this opens me up to all sorts of scrutiny. I'm hardly a public figure yet am easily recognisable in the bunch. Are there others out there willing to follow this example and be more vocal during our racing about the dangers of not abiding by the rules of the road?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No ways...

if i'm racing elites and theres cop cars and commissaires in front that clear the right hand land while we're guttering, then i'm going with them.

However. If i'm riding E bunch at a funride and suddenly they start riding on the wrong side of the road, then I'll stay on my side Smile

I take exception to being labeled reckless and a danger to other cyclists on the road. To me it's clear that there exists a chasm between those who race for enjoyment and those who race competitively...

In the aftermath of the "Hels Hoogte" debate I see it fit to undertake to be more safety conscious next time I am out racing and endeavour to always abide by the rules of the road even if it might mean forfeiting a good result.

Of course this opens me up to all sorts of scrutiny. I'm hardly a public figure yet am easily recognisable in the bunch. Are there others out there willing to follow this example and be more vocal during our racing about the dangers of not abiding by the rules of the road?

For starters wear some booty covers over dem shoes, as they blind the rest of the peleton, causing a serious hazard. Plus , by now you should know that the average iq in the sub vets bunch is less than 60, hence they darent kan like to understand keep to da left and doesnt cross da line, even if da commissioners is going blue, and threatning to disqualify the entire bunch, actually thats when the line is crossed and everyone is gutterred, but then you cant be safe, intelegent and race hard.

No ways...

if i'm racing elites and theres cop cars and commissaires in front that clear the right hand land while we're guttering' date=' then i'm going with them.

However. If i'm riding E bunch at a funride and suddenly they start riding on the wrong side of the road, then I'll stay on my side Smile

[/quote']

sounds reasonable and fair.....

OK, it's been half and hour and judging by the overwhelming response to this post all cyclists are in agreement! Thumbs%20Up

Nuff said...

Well, an hour has passed and the silence is deafening... The post about the cyclists crossing the white line had people venting their spleen. There was a wave of moral outrage...

I'm afraid that seemingly not all of us share this sense of moral outrage, sad but true. So call me what you like, I will continue to ride my bicycle in a manner that I deem to be responsible, I will also try my very best to stick to the correct racing lines, but I am also a realist, and am all too aware that there is a world beyond that of the recreational rider where the issues of safety are non-issues so to speak...

Go ahead, shoot me.... But I think the point is made! Hubbers have made their voices heard by the very lack of a voice... Cry

Pantani2007-12-04 08:11:35

Ditto Pantani!

What did you ditto Nellie?

Pantani's non virginity pledge???smiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

Big%20smileYe......

uhm.....ahh...what's that?EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

It is not always that one "wants" to ride on the wrong side of the road, but some people just push you out of the way into the right hand lane!!  They seem to want to sqeeze into that spot that is non-existant and dont give a toss what happens to the other cyclist!!