Get on your knees!!

patches

I use my knee guards on any trail / AM ride with anything remotely technical - e.g. Majik, Contermans, Jonkers. As soon as I'm done climbing the seat drops and the knee guards come on. It's given me TONS more confidence

+1 This is exactly how it should be done.

Hot as Scarlett Johannson, but protects like abstinence!!!

One of the quotes of the week! you downhillers are funny people, reminds me of the best hub comment (in my opinion);

Bos explaining some DH bike "That thing must go down like a home sick mole"

The rocky and sandy climb out of the forest before going back into the forest is hectic. Haven’t mustered the courage to ride that fully.

Yup, very tricky section. Who would have thought knee pads can be handy on a climb.

anyone looking for knee/elbow pads of the solid shell variety would do well to go to their local motorbike retailer. Loads of options, at very good prices. I've just seen a set of very solid looking solid shell elbowguards for R 195, and kneeguards for R 295.

anyone looking for knee/elbow pads of the solid shell variety would do well to go to their local motorbike retailer. Loads of options, at very good prices. I've just seen a set of very solid looking solid shell elbowguards for R 195, and kneeguards for R 295.

Got this from a guy on the Warthogs mailing list, while looking for a full face, also sell pads and gloves.

Kit 1

Kit 2