thehub now sending junk email

andydude

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS, FSA. Admin posted an apology. he did it, because he though it might be relevant to us, as cyclists, who are looking at savings on... Oh, yes. Bicycle servicing costs. Shock. Horror. He might have been wrong, but I actually would have used it had my bike pnot already been in for a service at another LBS. Because I would have benefited.

There is an apology. Either accept it, or back the hell off and stop flogging a dead horse. Admin has already said that any similar e-mail will never be sent out to us members. Personally, I don't mind this sort of thing. It's relevant to me. no information has been given to a 3rd party.

Grow the hell up, dude.

I'll give you a free tip here: hold "shift" while pressing "delete". Instant, permanent delete from your mail server.

Any moderators here? Is this person's tone acceptable? Certainly can't be allowed to swear like this.

Talking of growing up ! Your responses to this issue just shows again how misinformed and uneducated your views are.

Resorting to personal attacks again, I see.

1, 2, 3...

Ignore posts from this user. Enjoy life, top whine.

Hi guys,

Sending out email advertising to our database is something I've been very strict about not doing up until today.

The mailer which was sent out this morning was sent to all members who'd ticked the "Send me any updates sent by the board administrator" box.

While apprehensive about doing so, I'd felt this offer would be a value add to members, but as some have pointed out this is beside the point as there was no explicit opt-in.

In hind sight this not just a poor decision, but an incorrect one in terms of the regulations around this.

I apologise for this.

All I can do is assure you that it's something we won't be doing in future unless strictly on a separate and clear opt-in system.

Kind Regards,

Matt Eagar

Founder

sexist

and your replies indicate you to be a self important ****wad.

Guess the thread needs to be locked now.

You would win a poll of the biggest Hub troll or thread spammer hands down. I even like BigH compared to you.

Resorting to personal attacks again, I see.

Maybe you should have a look who started to attack other people's views with personal remarks first.

Edited by Tumbleweed
Personal remark removed.

Ping mods: Please ask the cowboys to take their fight outside

Seems as if I hit a nerve... Unfortunately, his history of personal attacks stems from quite a while back...

TNT - how will I ever cope? :unsure:

Blow me down with a feather. I always thought topwiner and eccentric-h was the same person?

Admin has apologised.

For some that has been enough, for others, it is not enough.

And please, if you are going to sling mud, dont make it personal.

This is a very touchy subject, due to our modern world and the right to privacy of our online information. I understand the uproar.

TheHub is a business now and to that end, it needs to look at profitable endeavors or joint ventures. I have no issue with this and neither should anyone else.

Was Admin wrong, yes, will it happen again, chances are minute, unless you opt-in, has there been a public apology, affirmative.

I think it's time to move on.

Edited by Chubba

I have to wonder what's in it for you though? Sending unsolicited emails to board members like this is highly unethical.

Having a look at Flook's site shows further dishonesty on their part seeing that they say "No Spam, We promise!". This is Spam, plain and simple. Apologies aside, you should know better.

FSA, can you please explain yourself further ? Admin has apologised for doing something that was thought to be in the interests of us a group of bike riders. A mistake was made and an honest apology given, but you seem to think there is more to it.

And please, if you are going to sling mud, dont make it personal.

Gee. Take all the fun out of it, why don't you?