Cajees 1 - CycleLab 0

nolipoli

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+100 :thumbup:

OK fair enough, I will try them as well, but do they guarantee to beat any quoted price, hence the Cajees question, but thanks for that info. :thumbup:

I needed to buy a new XT 10spd rear derailleur yesterday, and called Cycle Lab first, because I had recently heard that things had changed for the good there. After a very frustrating conversation with a kid that knew nothing about anything, I eventually get the price from someone else that worked there.

Total call time- Ten Minutes! Price quoted - R2295, and no stock.

So I went to Cajees for a second opinion. Moh goes to the cupboard, pulls out exactly what i am looking for, and the box has a sticker on it for R995, which he then gives me a discount on.

I won't be shopping at Cycle Lab again in a hurry.

Cyclelab obviously messed up there, I think they probably gave you the price of an XTR derailleur. They should employ better staff thumbdown.gif

Glad you came right thumbup1.gif

Dude, XT-XTR what is the bloody difference !?

R2295.00 rand for a DERAILLEUR, what, is it a Gold Plated Edition?

EDIT: Right, who resurrected this one? Just seen the post date!

Does that mean an XTR rear D is about R3212,00 at The Lab now?

Edited by The Drongo

OK fair enough, I will try them as well, but do they guarantee to beat any quoted price, hence the Cajees question, but thanks for that info. :thumbup:

Try Cajees at Princess Crossing in Roodepoort, speak to Fatima (I think that is the lady's name), she has always helped me and gave me a substantial discount on some tyres I bought there last Friday. In fact its probably one of the few bike shops that still stocks wirebead tyres and does not expect you only use expensive tubeless/foldable tyres!

I don't mind paying the extra buck for the quality of service

Try Cajees at Princess Crossing in Roodepoort, speak to Fatima (I think that is the lady's name), she has always helped me and gave me a substantial discount on some tyres I bought there last Friday. In fact its probably one of the few bike shops that still stocks wirebead tyres and does not expect you only use expensive tubeless/foldable tyres!

I've got about 6 wirebead Crossmarx at home, some done about 15km others brand new ,if you wanna buy some tyres. Not sure what to do with them.

Only one shop to go to Tour de Frans.Not always the cheapest but "THE BEST SERVICE EVER"Prices are always fair and advise spot on.Keep up the good work guys

I've got about 6 wirebead Crossmarx at home, some done about 15km others brand new ,if you wanna buy some tyres. Not sure what to do with them.

HOW MUCH ?

They both suck, cajees has no service and cyclelab is always overpriced, i thought this was commond knowledge.

+ 10000000 the author must now just make sure he got the right thing, this years model and not 2 years ago, its the right size and whatever else Cajees is so good at.

I don't mind paying the extra buck for the quality of service

Just called and spoke to Shaun, very helpfull and he is doing some checking for me, thanks :thumbup: