Midlands ULTRA Triathlon - WELL DONE ALL Competitors!

B-Active Sports

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Done to all Competitors who raced yesterday!

Results will be emailed out to all pre entries tonight and they will be up on the race website tomorrow.

Well done again and we hope to see you all again in October.

Regards

The B-Active Team

Hi All,

Was just wondering if anyone picked up a pair of Silver Specialized S-works Cycling Shoes? My brother misplaced them/had them stolen on Sunday after the race?

If you picked them up please DM me?

Cheers

Just out of curiosity, did anyone measure the swim course? It seemed like 1600m and the bike course 85km. Maybe just me. The run course was spot on 21.1 (+/-100m) though :thumbup:

Just out of curiosity, did anyone measure the swim course? It seemed like 1600m and the bike course 85km. Maybe just me. The run course was spot on 21.1 (+/-100m) though :thumbup:

You are correct i go the same distances on my Garmin. The swim buoy blew away just before the start so it had to be moved back into position, they might have made a mistake in rushing to get it back in time for the start.

Well done to Damian and crew, it was the best waterpoints i've ever had during a Ultra race at Midmar. Ironman standard if you asked me.

I agree. The waterpoints were excellent and clearly well prepared for 40 degree heat with all those sponges! Pity about the rain. The distances don't worry me, I just wanted to make sure for my own peace of mind. That run route was tougher than expected.

One thing that could be improved but actually probably would be impossible is the traffic on the cycle route as well as the potholes. Lost a few bottles and you can't always avoid the potholes with taxis and cars on the road with you. I guess full road closure is not an option.

I agree. The waterpoints were excellent and clearly well prepared for 40 degree heat with all those sponges!

You should thank the class of 2011 for that Mr Gripen. We paid your dues in terms of the waterpoints being such a high standard................ so thank me I am waiting..........

Edited by Garfield2010

Hey Guys

Thanks for all the feedback and comments. its kept our post at the top for the past week. Thanks also for opening a new poll and using the old post to chat further on this... We appreaicte it.

As I said before, this is something you need to take to TSA as the event organisers abide by the rules layed out for them.

Happy training and hope to see you at the event in March with or without your wetsuit.

Cheers

Damian Bradley

Race Director

nice one waxfooooooot!

Hi all

Thanks for the feedback. You were correct about the swim, we got a measurement of 1650m, due to the buoy being blown off just before the start. We will try and rectify that for the october event, but those massive buoys drag most anchors... but we will try.

Regarding the bike route, its exactly 86km, 1km short per lap. we should turn you at the top of the next hill on the Dargle road, but its too dangerous and so we would rather keep it shorter and safer.

Thanks for the comments about the water tables, our new management plan worked and we had two back up plans ready incase of 40 deg heat again.... instead we got a cyclone!

Regarding the bike route, we are trying our last option... The Minister of Transport for the October event, as his KZN Department didn't grant us Road closure for this event. We will try and hope, but if no success, we will just do our best to mark or fill in the pot holes ourselves and place more marshals on the bike route.

Rest those legs and good luck to all Ironman competitors.

Hope to see you back again in October.

Regards

Damian, Lauren, Caryn and the B-Active Team

Edited by B-Active Sports