TheV

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Office:

post-1575-0-33001400-1319182456.jpg

I can't believe they don't have proper routing on that bike for the hose leading to your dropper type seat post .... cable ties just don't do the trick in the look dept!

I can't believe they don't have proper routing on that bike for the hose leading to your dropper type seat post .... cable ties just don't do the trick in the look dept!

Agreed ..

To be sexy, you need to keep the dangly bits tidy, and have place for refreshments .. :lol:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/DragonReef5/IMG_1320.jpg

You guys asked... I delivered ;) Morewood Sukuma update

Just wish I was actually "delivering"

http://blog.rushsportscycling.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2011/10/sukuma-black-FRAME.jpg

I don't want to be funny or anything, nor do I want Peeve off the moorewood fanboys, but the sukuma looks almost identical in geometry and basic layout as the Turner 5 spot, sure the sukuma has a couple of nicer rounder tube lines here or there, but I would bet the ride and performance would be very similar?

Does have cable guides along the TT, those cable ties are hanging off there while I'm looking for the best spot to mount my Mobii.

Still, can't wait for RS to adopt KS' Lev design so I won't have that stupid loop behind the saddle when he seat is dropped.

In all honesty, most designs are good or at least good enough. And I don't mean that in a negative way. Very few riders know how to set a bike up properly even less can get the last 25% out of their bike's suspension. This is mainly because most riders have the bike set up at their LBS and then ride it till it's next service. Never experimenting with compression, rebound, sag and the likes.

Of all the designs tried and bikes ridden the DW is easiest to achieve this. I have always been able to run my bike (SL and HD) on the softer side to increase grip and traction, but have never bottomed either of the two out. And the great thing is this MECCA is not a narrow band. I have noted that other bikes can achieve this, but it's a very thin line and once you go over or under things change dramatically and it takes quite a bit of time to achieve the perfect balance.

Yeah, quite true.

With my bike, I've tried alternating between running sag as one would on a "conventional" bike (say 20-25%), with less bottom-out resistance to try and at least use all the travel available, to on the other end running with 30% sag and increased bottom-out resistance. Because of the s-curve, VPP works well (meaning is active) in the middle of the stroke. I have to admit there's a fine line though, I've felt at times that with the 2nd option there's simply too much movement without a huge amount of big-hit plushness benefit. My friend's DW feels like it's much more linear and consistent through the first 2/3rd of the stroke, without giving up that last bit of bottomless progressiveness.

If I was someone who didn't really want to fiddle, I'd be frustrated.

I just posted my frame in the classifieds section.

Out of interest, how many of the bikes you guys are talking about have won a mega?