Cyclist Knocked down on Pomona Road

MDW

Hi all

Just heard a cyclist wearing blue and white kit with some 32Gi logos on was knocked down on Pomona road, near Witkoppen and Cedar does anyone know who this is and who he rides for please, absolutely another shocking day for athletes, I heard he was i serious condition, my prayers go out to him and his family for a recovery.

all the best

M

From Twitter: There was a triathlete knocked down this am. Rides a Felt and all they know is his name is Abrie, he is at Fourways life and they need to operate on him. No details on him.

His surname is Bosch. He is in ICU and has some head injuries and is still in a coma. I work with his ex wife so this is second hand info.

Oh jeez, not another one. This is getting ridiculous.

And to add to this, I heard some bonehead on the radio this morning saying that the way to stop jogger & cyclist accidents is to keep them off the road.

With that kind of attitude, we will remain cannon fodder for motorists.

Edited by Falco

i swear i would leave this country just so i can cycle in peace

stuff the politics, the economy, just let me ride my bike man.

i swear i would leave this country just so i can cycle in peace

stuff the politics, the economy, just let me ride my bike man.

:thumbup: Agreed! Look at France... :drool:

Hope he is okay :blink:

Yeah, any further news about the guy? This is not cool. :thumbdown:

@Falco - who is this 'box' that makes such utterences? Oke is an idiot!

hope the down'd rider is Ok :unsure:

@Falco - who is this 'box' that makes such utterences? Oke is an idiot!

It was some toss who phoned in to the Redi Direko show on 702.

Just some clarification here.

The Pomona Road incident was in Kempton Park just past the bridge by the checkers. Riders were wearing blue and white kit and an ambulance was on the scene.

There was another crash in Bapsfontein area yesterday where a rider was taken to hospital with head injuries.

There was another crash out North yesterday where the rider is or was in ICU

3 separate incidents yesterday

Just some clarification here.

The Pomona Road incident was in Kempton Park just past the bridge by the checkers. Riders were wearing blue and white kit and an ambulance was on the scene.

There was another crash in Bapsfontein area yesterday where a rider was taken to hospital with head injuries.

There was another crash out North yesterday where the rider is or was in ICU

3 separate incidents yesterday

****!!! 3 in one day! Donner!

hope they are all OK then :blink:

I rode past the KP one yesterday, saw a group of riders in blue and white kit standing around, at first i thought they were fixing a flat but found it odd that an ambulance would have stopped to help.

****!!! 3 in one day! Donner!

hope they are all OK then :blink:

3 is 3 too many, but relatively much smaller than the amount of car accidents :blush:

This is potentially controversial and a bit of a hi-jack....

I had a couple of colleagues down from JHB for a meeting the other day (I am in Durban) and while in the car travelling to the meeting we were chatting about cycling and both of them said that they did not feel JHB was any more dangerous of a place to cycle than Durban or Capetown. They said it was the sheer number of cyclists on the roads these days in JHB that accounted for proportionately so many more accidents. It does seem to me that JHB has a much higher number of accidents than anywhere else or at least I hear of more. I very seldom see anything being reported in Durban but most weeks will see something JHB related on this website. So, do we think it is down to more reckless/inconsiderate drivers in JHB or is it purely down to volume or perhaps both? Based on what I read on here I would be very wary about where and how I cycled if I lived in JHB.

Heal strong to the injured riders!

guys my brother was involved in a huge accident last year, hit head on by a bakkie in suikerbos reserve (going wrong way). bottom line is that the local law system does not punish sufficiently to deter these crimes from happening. if we want more people to use public transport, bicycles, scooters etc we need to foster a culture of shared road usage, not one where the biggest car is king.