did coke cause me to bonk

madvics

Yes Covie I have, and I was a product analyser and tester for some major supplement companies for a while, I have bonked more than 50 times in the last 10 years on product testing, experimentation etc, the point I am making by the post is that I was still performing at a high rate, actually to be honest my PB's came on it. However a large part of anyones regime is to be focussed on daily nutrition, daily training, and I always advocate a supplement is ONLY that a supplement to a healthy regime, it aint a quick fix by any means, that will always be my stance. I dont want to go into product comparisons etc, it really gets a bit much, i inform and thats it, in the end the individual needs to experiment and decide.

Like i said mate im just playing devils advocate, I am not for nor am i against 32Gi, hell theres a bunch of brand names that i tried (and i'm not podium material) and i will blatantly tell people that they were crap and didnt work for me at all, but yet you see people win races on them or finish milestones like the pioneer and epic on the same stuff.

What works for one will not work for the other.

But that said i do feel that the people punting 32GI should make it clear to prospective buyers that they reccomend you take low GI foods before the ride and Low GI foods during the ride, there are hunderds of psosts where a sudden carb intake on 32GI cause a person to bonk.

But yeah this is supposed to be a help the man with nutrition thread, so lets get back to that topic and leave the whole supliment debate next to the "which lube" and "26" vs 29" debates/

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MDW,

You do add value. Very interesting.

And if folks wanna buy the goodies you promote through those success stories, they choose to.

I use 32gi and it is a cool product for training and, often, every day use. ;)

Coke only made me bonk once, I took two lines instead of one. Ask Tom Boonen, the same happened to him.

:lol: