Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Haha. I stopped smoking on 1 Jan and gained 6kg's since then.

Bought a scale yesterday and started the diet this morning.

It never ends. One addiction sorted now the challenge starts with the next one.

Does it ever end?? :cursing:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have put on 2kgs my new craving is the clorets eliminators, cant get enough of them.

It would be fun to see what other hubbers use to replace their cigarette habits

I found this weekend at the 24hour that my recovery time in between my laps are a lot quicker after quiting. Drinking plenty of water at the moment tomorrow is 14days clean for me

The weight is not an issue for me, if I put on so be it for the first week. Although, today I'm eating no more then usual, the past weekend was another story all together.

I'm now starting to come down with a cold now, and I'm short of breath. Doh.

I have a great idea for all the ex smokers that bank with FNB. Download the quitcounter (http://quit-counter.en.softonic.com/) that also counts how much money you have not spent on smokes, life saved and days, hours etc. clean.

Transfer the money saved every couple of days to the 'savings pocket'. It is a very tangible incentive.

Seems like Woolworths continues to do well.

They don't need to sell cigarettes.

How important can cigarettes be then?

All is going well, 3 days and counting :clap: . I'm having the odd craving, but think its more the force of habit then a craving. Still not sleeping properly though.

All is going well, 3 days and counting :clap: . I'm having the odd craving, but think its more the force of habit then a craving. Still not sleeping properly though.

Day 11 for me....trust me it gets easier, just stick it out and don't fall for that fake temptation.

it gets easier and better by day 6 :-)

I have been having issues quiting, I have cut down tho. Going to start with Champix on thursday.

I have been having issues quiting, I have cut down tho. Going to start with Champix on thursday.

just tell yourself how bad it tastes every time you take a drag , you can read Allan Carr easy way to stop smoking

Day 11 for me....trust me it gets easier, just stick it out and don't fall for that fake temptation.

it gets easier and better by day 6 :-)

Its strange but my chest feels tighter then it was when I was smoking. I've been downing a glass of water whenever I've had a slight urge. Edited by Caerus

Its strange but my chest feels tighter then it was when I was smoking. I've been downing a glass of water whenever I've had a slight urge.

Yip it will stay like that for a while .

So I quit on Saturday in China. I have a couple of drags here and there though, but hoping to be "clean" by this weekend. Mind playing all sorts of tricks on me. Pains in funny places, dizziness, etc. Also feels like there is a small elephant standing on my chest.

Keep it up boys!!