Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm smoking more now then ever before wacko.png, and not getting anytime to ride, my poor bike has dust on it. Not good thumbdown.gif

I'm smoking more now then ever before wacko.png, and not getting anytime to ride, my poor bike has dust on it. Not good thumbdown.gif

Eish guy. I was also rakeing them in the last couple of weeks. My chest hurts like mad. This time is for keeps!

Eish guy. I was also rakeing them in the last couple of weeks. My chest hurts like mad. This time is for keeps!

I'm working like a dog at the moment, so much stress( still no excuse really, but certainly helps), just done over 40 hours in three days and got another two weeks like this, not done that many hours since I was in my twenties.

When I say I'm smoking more then ever, it's about 15 a day thumbdown.gif My lungs are gonna hurt when I ride againunsure.png

I'm working like a dog at the moment, so much stress( still no excuse really, but certainly helps), just done over 40 hours in three days and got another two weeks like this, not done that many hours since I was in my twenties.

When I say I'm smoking more then ever, it's about 15 a day thumbdown.gif My lungs are gonna hurt when I ride againunsure.png

Hectic! Everyone has their "pill". Good luck dude.

Jokes aside, go have a look at someone in hospital dying of lung cancer, wasting away and unable to breathe, it worked for me!

I had to experience my Dad die like that over a period of three years. Not nice.

Why after 6 weeks am I still having the occasional crave. Especially when having a beer.

Ai, ( FFS )

My mom quit 28 years ago and she says she still gets the odd craving. I'm on day 5 whoop whoop! Keep it up guys!

In a way it is easier in the beginning because it does get noticeably better with time.

Later the "improvements" are not noticeable. Feel the same now as last week this time.

I agree with some previous posts, Champix is the way to go if you wish to stop...

it also needs to be in your mind that you want to quit...

My mrs smoked for 14 years 1box a day, tried stopping many times, until she took champix - 17Feb was her stop date, going strong and doesnt make mention of it anymore

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned,but has anybody tried the Allen Carr method?

I quit in Feb, no pills,gums or patches. i was and still is a very liberating feeling!!

Most important thing to keep reminding yourself of the fact that you are no longer a smoker.

Every craving is handled the same way. It's a reminder that you no longer smoke. In past you'd be trapped to light up. Now you can smile knowing you are not longer trapped.

Says me who slipped a couple of times last week :P

I had to experience my Dad die like that over a period of three years. Not nice.

My mom passed away last year from the same thing.

She is the reason i have never smoked,

But i sympathise with smokers...it cant be easy.

Those of you that are trying to kick the habit...be strong.

post-18409-0-02081100-1353508788_thumb.jpg