2012 Silverback storm

Funkman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is more then just the position of the mount. Look at the dip in the chain stay.

http://www.thehubsa....-29er-frame-20/

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/410848014/Carbon_frame_29er_MTB_bicycle_frame_LTK023.jpg

http://www.lulusoso.com/upload/20111011/TP_M818L_29_carbon_bicycle_frame.jpg

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/408793645/29er_MTB_frame_Carbon_bicycle_frame_LTK023.jpg

Andre I have to disagree none of those frames looks to me like the ones in the OP's pic. Does look a lot like the morewood kwela though.

Edited by covie

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is going to be a seriously good bike, it has a triangular down tube and both models comes with Stans Crest wheels at a very good price....Momsen has got a problem here.

• 1 month later...

And what does the cheap Chinese frame price? Send it to Cycle art and have the same paint scheme for a third of the price.

The bike looks great and Silverback make a great product. Some folk just love American product. Let them.

German/South African designing and engineering, whatever u wana call it!!! Its a awesome bike for a awesome price! Nothing comes close to it atm. You can only change THAT much on hard tail frames to make them look different to one another, and change every year. Those "new" braking mounts on the rear stay is a great design and works well. Overall, great bike!

Edited by NeillUngerer

@AndreZA and Sammajoor ,there are 100 Dogma lookalikes from Chines catalouges, does that mean Pinarello Dogma's are cheap imports from China? Your argument doesnt hold up. Look carefully, those frame are not the same.

The Silverback Storm one is a proprientry Silverback mould. This bike is gonna kick ass all over SA at the price point. A mate just picked one up for R20500, Full carbon, Stans ZTR Crest, SID, Full XT. Its a steal at that price. they got stock in on Monday and its already almost gone.

I was looking to get one Good value if you like S!^tmano Grrrrr. But stock is only coming in month end. Could already be here. Pricing is about 4k less than Merida 3000. so I believe very good value!

PS I got the Merida 3000 and changed to X9.

I was looking to get one Good value if you like S!^tmano Grrrrr. But stock is only coming in month end. Could already be here. Pricing is about 4k less than Merida 3000. so I believe very good value!

PS I got the Merida 3000 and changed to X9.

They got stock on Monday. Pretty much all gone already. Maybe some mediums left. The demand must mean something......

Had a look at one of these at the LBS, oh man this is one beautiful bicycle! Feels light, and is one of the few 29ers I've seen that looks in propertion. (Wheels don't look miles too big for frame.)

Edited by CBS

Must say, I'm big silverback fan, bike looks great, build quality alwas top class with great components

one of the few 29ers I've seen that looks in propertion. (Wheels don't look miles too big for frame.)

One really has to see the Storm in person to appreciate how true this statement is. Pictures do not do it justice. :drool: I was one of those who thought white rims look terrible, but now having seen it, I have to say it somehow "works" with the look of the bike. If you like a splash of colour, I recommend the red Blackburn camber bottle cage - it matches the red in the Storm frame as both a bright primary red.

As for fit/size: Going from a 26er to a 29er it is sometimes necessary to go down a bike size, BUT I've found that Silverback frames are more compact that some other brands. My Schwinn 26er is a medium and the Storm medium is a perfect fit too.

The Storm does not come set up tubeless, so you're gonna have to buy tubeless valves and sealant.

you're gonna have to buy tubeless valves

I was mistaken. The Storm 1 comes with both tubes and tubeless valves, my LBS just forgot to hand over the valves :rolleyes:

As for the tubeless conversion, it is pretty straight forward. Keep in mind I'm telling you about my own experience and your "mileage may vary". I received my Storm with tubes, so the Crossmarks (Maxxis Crossmark regular folding, not UST) were already stretched. So, when I removed the tubes the tyres weren't tight enough on the rims to take air using a regular floor/track pump. A whole roll (well, they are pretty small rolls!) of Joe's rim tape per rim (over the Stan's yellow tape that was already there) remedied the situation. The tyres were then tight enough to take air and inflated easily on first try. Okay, so added Stan's sealant, replaced the valve cores, inflated, seated nicely, shook 'em about a bit to distribute the sealant and done! :clap: