Johannesburg

Northcliff Cycles 011 476 9959

Westrand Cycles 011 955 4342

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MOMSEN themselves, the actual company, is about 100 meters away from where I work. And yeah, its super dangerous, financially, having a source of awesome parts in arms reach... :drool:

I have just built up a Momsen Sl929 2012 Carbon Hardtail, absolutely awsome frame and handling to go, added monsem - carbon stem and bar, skewers, seat post clamp. Will be adding seat post sometime.

Momsen make a very good range of products, tough light and durable, with the only restriction being your wallet.

When it comes to stems, bar ends, bars, seat posts etc, they are all the same. They all do exactly the same job. One brand may be a few grams lighter etc, but nothing to shout home about. Get the parts that look the nicest to you.

? blink.gif

When it comes to stems, bar ends, bars, seat posts etc, they are all the same. They all do exactly the same job. One brand may be a few grams lighter etc, but nothing to shout home about. Get the parts that look the nicest to you.

All the same?

As in price?

and weight?

and strength?

and durability?

and reliability?

I agree that one seatpost does the same job as the next post, but they aren't the same.

I HAD the Momsen LB seat post and had a few issues with it. It fell apart during a race which was not fun. In its defence it was taking to me by creaking a bit. So if it talks tighten it up. The center adjustment screw kept on rubbing up against the base of my saddle giving me a bad ass (blink.gif) feeling.

So I went into CWC and said sell me a Richie Black WCS and guess what no creaks and no sore / bad ass.

RIchie WCS all the way. some times weight is not the only factor.

Dis soos my buddy wat by BMW werk. As ouens vir hom se hulle't 'n KTM gekoop vra hy altyd "O, so watter kleur het jy voor gegaan?"

How do you steer? blink.gif

That actually raises a good question. Why does Thomson not make handlebars? Or do they?

That actually raises a good question. Why does Thomson not make handlebars? Or do they?

Thomson machine their parts. Handlebars are drawn into shape. I would love Thomson to make cranks and hubs.

I would love Thomson to make cranks and hubs.

There is always Hope..... :D

Edited by gummibear

Dis soos my buddy wat by BMW werk. As ouens vir hom se hulle't 'n KTM gekoop vra hy altyd "O, so watter kleur het jy voor gegaan?"

Hahaha good one!!

Thomson machine their parts. Handlebars are drawn into shape. I would love Thomson to make cranks and hubs.

Aah.Thx. Ja that would be cool.