• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder how much they paid the agency- I will bet that it cost more than an Epic entry.

I don't feel the LOVE of cycling in this dumb logo :thumbdown: . It sounds like Kevin is trying to talk himself up into liking his new logo because he's spent so much on it- or some other obtuse reason.

He could have just run a competition on the Hub and even on other bike sites, with the prize for the winner a free entry to the Epic.

Now you know why the guys are paying 5k extra.

It looks very much like a stale corporate emblem that you iron on t-shirts. It does not evoke any passion or enables you to identify with the cyclist taking on the challenge.Man against terrain.

This definately is not invoke by the chainrings it looks more like the wheels on mineshafts.

What Kevin is basically saying is that what started out as challenge for cyclist is now secondary to the brand which has more inherent value than the actual race participants. So expect to pay even more next year since he aint gonna share any increased revenue from the brand.

Here cape town is the design city and you put out such a crappy logo.

Our mountain is being voted (plz go vote) for one of the new 7wonders and you wont even make the outline accross the word Cape thus connecting yourself with this.

i wonder how much they got paid for this R1mil?

Edited by orbeaorca

The circles or rings on the new logo are like the new route, just going around in circles in 3 or so places compared to the old route from Knysna to CT, now that looked like a Epic.

Wow, there are some strong feelings for the old logo out there. The idea of a hub competition is novel, thinking of what a decent cycling shirt the Hub-collective came up with.

That is why the price of the entries went up so much. Jupiter is not cheap. What they should have done was open the competition to the public and the winner gets a free entry.

looks pretty lame in my opinion.

Seriously... I could MS Paint something like that. And what's up with the one sprocket driving the other. Tech fail! No chain means that rider will be going backwards!

Edited by patches

That is why the price of the entries went up so much. Jupiter is not cheap. What they should have done was open the competition to the public and the winner gets a free entry.

...so... I see how it is! That is how you planned on getting in :lol:

looks pretty lame in my opinion.

And what's up with the one sprocket driving the other. Tach fail! No chain means that rider will be going backwards!

Patches, well spotted..

I think for a corporate environment it is much better, will hate to think how you use the old one on letterheads etc, and dare I say it, when you send a fax.

I like it

I think for a corporate environment it is much better, will hate to think how you use the old one on letterheads etc, and dare I say it, when you send a fax.

I like it

You know you can make logos in black and white.