Shiny blue Shova

MTBmofo

Yesterday in Tokai i spotted a bright new blue shova being ridden up the downhill track above vasbyt (is this downhill 1). Surely he was going the wrong way?

Wahahahaha, Chubba you crack me up

Thank goodness mine is white! MTBmofo, don't go down this road it will lead to an argument between many people that you have never met before.

Wahahahaha, Chubba you crack me up

Thank goodness mine is white! MTBmofo, don't go down this road it will lead to an argument between many people that you have never met before.

I don’t understand how people can be so irresponsible, it must have been like ice over those roots and rocks after the rain!

Amazing because it's clearly signposted one-way at both ends of the trail....

.........errrr, isnt it?

Shame on you Chubba, but proof that a shova rides up as well as it rides down!

You sure it wasn’t a black Shova, i was not "riding" up anything on DH1?

Edited by Chubba

There is no such thing as an ugly Shova, MTBmofo i think you were seeing things!

With that being said, did you even see anyone riding up the trail for that matter???

Amazing because it's clearly signposted one-way at both ends of the trail....

.........errrr, isnt it?

Nope, not yet.

We are waiting for someone to get mowed down by very enthusiastic individual coming down the hill first before the signage goes up....just to make a point.

No, all jokes aside, Jow Low - one would expect the signage wouldn't you? Keep an eye on Tokia, some plans are afoot for improvement and expansion. And I am sure the signage will be one of those things.

Edited by MoreTrails

Guest Omega Man

Nope, not yet.

We are waiting for someone to get mowed down by very enthusiastic individual coming down the hill first before the signage goes up....just to make a point.

No, all jokes aside, Jow Low - one would expect the signage wouldn't you? Keep an eye on Tokia, some plans are afoot for improvement and expansion. And I am sure the signage will be one of those things.

There is now a sign at tokai prohibiting riders from riding up the downhill. Deon (Pain or Shine) put the sign in on Friday.

It's on Vasbyt next to the 2nd jump pointing riders going up in the direction of the trail exit/divert that we sorted out a few months ago. I rode that divert on Friday for the first time and it's way nicer than riding up the berm and root gap. It CLEARLY says downhill only so there really is no excuse for riding up the downhill anymore.

It is the first of many. According to Deon there are 16 signs waiting to go in. A Massive thanks to Deon and all parties involved dealing with Sanparks and the like.

Please tell all your mates that ride up the downhill that that now needs to stop. It's a serious safety issue hence the signage.

Edited by Omega Man