Probike & Axis Bikes

Java001

Some interesting developments per Probike - or is it old news ?

Going thermo-nuclear on over-priced bike brands!

Written by Brandon Els | 31st October, 2011

Axis Bikes is being launched in South Africa this week and Probike is going thermo-nuclear on its over-priced private label bike brand opposition. The AXIS A90 will be the first bike to hit retailers on Friday this week and at a retail around R 1 999.95 there is nothing remotely close to the specification of this bike!!

The complete range specification and pricing will be released to AXIS retailers this week. www.axis-bikes.com will be up around 3 January 2012.

Happy Cycling!

Brandon

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can just imagine the quality. Just because it's the shape of a bicycle does not make it a bicycle.

And would they really undercut their other brand, Scott? I suppose this will be the budget bikes on offer. Will have to wait and see how the quality is.

I was privledged to have been taken through the entire range and the quality is top notch. Probike seems to be going back to the same formula that made Raleigh so popular a few years ago. Good quality at good prices.

And would they really undercut their other brand, Scott? I suppose this will be the budget bikes on offer. Will have to wait and see how the quality is.

that is why you did not get any high end specced Raleighs that last few years. They did not want to eat into the Scott profits.

Yes, a silly strategy, seeing that the profit would come back to them anyway, but there are probably internal politics as well. Without more info on the Axis range I suspect it will be the same way with it.

I heard a rumour that Scott will be doing something similar to what Spesh boys will be doing, by taking care of distributorship themselves .... any truth in this?

Nice. Now if they would only show us some of the bikes and give us a bit more info :)

Quite a bit of marketing, but no info.

Website only up in December or something.

Yes, a silly strategy, seeing that the profit would come back to them anyway, but there are probably internal politics as well. Without more info on the Axis range I suspect it will be the same way with it.

Not really. Toyota has Toyota's for the mainstream mass market and Lexus for the luxury market. Scott is the Lexus and Axis the Toyota.

Quite a bit of marketing, but no info.

Website only up in December or something.

Yes, it look like that is the standard thing to do in SA.....lots of Hype and picture of what "might" be but not real info

I heard a rumour that Scott will be doing something similar to what Spesh boys will be doing, by taking care of distributorship themselves .... any truth in this?

Scott has bought a chunk of Probike. So theoretically this is true.

Not really. Toyota has Toyota's for the mainstream mass market and Lexus for the luxury market. Scott is the Lexus and Axis the Toyota.

Yes but you can still buy a 4.0l Toyota. They don't stop at 2.0l and if you want bigger you have go to Lexus.

You will be getting very well speced Axis bikes at great prices...you right it is going to be the Raleigh fomula that did so well.

I know there will be an Ultegra carbon bike but not sure about dura-ace....

One must remember everything comes out of china now

Archived