32GI vs USN

Agree with you Luke, my rides are usually water only, the only time I ever use energy drink is on very high intensity sessions, but mainly weekend sessions which are usually up to around 5-6hours. Up to 2 -2.5hours water is good for me and that sees me for rides of around 65-75km and runs of around 25-30km, if you eat a decent Pre-training meal then u r set and becoming more and more efficient at burning fat at a higher intensity with time it can only benefit u immensely, the only thing that I do stress on this is that in my case because I'm

A triathlete when I do back to back sessions I need to ensure I do fuel in a session sometimes as I'm not fuelling for the existing session but ensuring i am fuelled and recovered for the next session. I always have my next sessions in my mind and i need to know my

Glycogen stores and muscles are ready for the next one, I'm freaky meticulous about this to the n'th degree. So I suppose what I am trying to stress is planning training sessions is one thing but everyone should be planning their nutrition as well in order to ensure they achieve their goals having their next sessions in mind and also whether its becoming more efficient at fat burning, sparing glycogen, recovering, loading and more, whatever your training plan or purpose is u need to ensure that your nutrition supports this, and I need to stress again, it's not about what's in the bottle on the bike, yes it has a major purpose, but it's useless without ensuring you are eating correctly from the time you get up until the time you go to sleep. This is where the true difference in performance will lie for everyone = performance starts with nutrition training is second to that ;-)

Yes, I'm similar with pre-race nutrition, if I'm doing a 2 hour or longer session the day before a race I'll take in carbs during the ride and possibly a recovery drink after depending on how long I've ridden.

I used to take recovery drinks after every training session, but nowadays I only use them for stage racing or when I have something worth recovering for the next day.

Personally I'm not sure if nutrition is more important than training - that is quite a broad statement to make, and being a nutritionist / triathlete I can understand why you take that view. Obviously they're both huge factors... I'm quite careful about what I eat, and some strong riders I know are pedantic about it, but others seem to eat a lot of crap and happily post pictures of it on Facebook before going on to win races. The one common denominator for me is knowing how to train.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there...i sell USN, 32Gi and a few other supps too. have tried most of them and found recently that i felt better with 32gi, my energy release was more consistant with my needs. there was no sudden release of energy or anything, but i was able to maintain a better pace and survive on the hills (a big plus as i am not built for big climbs), and towards the last twenty or ten k's to go, a bottle of evox cytovox for the big kick. but 32gi is a really good product. good luck with it.

I am by no way an elite rider but here are my comments:

I used USN for a few marathons when first getting back into riding, as I got fitter and could judge the fuel better, I found I was very "up and down" with energy during long rides and races. Had to use gels to finish anything over 70km.

Started using 32GI and felt more consistent. But found the first 25-40 mins I felt flat. Started trying different pre-ride routines and got better with having the first 32GI serving very early and low GI breakfast. I still need the "chews" end of race and started using a bottle of Cytomax at the end of long rides now, feel I need the "fast" delivered energy when Im broken

Mark thanks for the feedback just a quickie, have you not tried the 32Gi Accelerate, if u want a whopping kick that holds for 2 hours, 300calories in a 500ml bottle, give it a shot for your second bottle ;-)

I like to liquidise a packet of liquorice allsorts in a blender and throw in a large jar of hellmans mayonnaise. Then I spread the mixture evenly over both legs, put my compression stockings on and get a good night's sleep. In the morning I face due South and recite the Lords prayer 3 times whilst sipping a large bloody mary with extra worcestorshire sauce.

*no sarcasm intended*

Lucky Luke,

Your imagination - phenomenal.

You'd prob make quite a stand up comedian.

Edited by danseuse