Any U23 Riders looking for a sponsor?

The Bike Vendor

Gr00tbaas, nice initiative but there's always a faster rider, the four riders may be good / the best but that doesnt mean this will be the case by 2013, loads of talented riders across the county in this age group. I dont think icycling is challenging the fact that you have good riders, he's proposing potential riders for your team which well.... is what you asked for.

Hmm sounds to me more like he is bragging. I was only trying to state that these 4 1st year Juniors are the reason for the 2012 U23 team's existence. They will join/replace the 4 riders in 2013 when they are U23.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the SA juniors race in Europe and they did ok at the smaller races but they got dropped like hot cakes at the bigger races.Problem with SA kids is that they win a few local races and then they think they are unbeatable.Funny how the one guy was more worried about how his sunglasses sat on his helmet,than trying to catch the rest of the riders.

What look frames will they be riding?

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/105327-grand-prix-general-patton-2011/page__hl__patton

Edited by gummibear

And there you have it. Some guy wanting to invest in cycling in SA, and all he gets is bitching and moaning from all sides. No wonder dickens and co get to the positions they do.

Grootbaas, goodluck. Hope your dad's team comes off, will be great for the sport.

I saw the SA juniors race in Europe and they did ok at the smaller races but they got dropped like hot cakes at the bigger races.Problem with SA kids is that they win a few local races and then they think they are unbeatable.Funny how the one guy was more worried about how his sunglasses sat on his helmet,than trying to catch the rest of the riders.

What look frames will they be riding?

So true!! :clap: That's the huge problem they have here! :thumbdown:

And what Look frames... Look at the attachments

You see the thing I liked about MTN is, they don't expect results! It's all about development. At this stage it's just stupid, they take kids from 1st year U16 to 2nd year Junior and then there is no U23 team to feed them into. That is a waste of time and a loss of talent!

post-26638-0-33059600-1321684769.jpg

And there you have it. Some guy wanting to invest in cycling in SA, and all he gets is bitching and moaning from all sides. No wonder dickens and co get to the positions they do.

Grootbaas, goodluck. Hope your dad's team comes off, will be great for the sport.

Thanks TNT :thumbup:

Over here junior cycling is very very big.Almost as big as Pro cycling.They have there own mechanics and Team vehicles.Competion is also tough because the Pro team scouts are always looking for new talent.

We have a 19 year old here and he drops Andy on the climbs,he has now been signed with Trek/Nissan.He was also world Junior TT Champ.

He only went to school 3 days a week and was given top level coaching,he had Sparticus coaching him and helping him with TT(helped him but not Andy).Now when will you see that in SA?

Over here junior cycling is very very big.Almost as big as Pro cycling.They have there own mechanics and Team vehicles.Competion is also tough because the Pro team scouts are always looking for new talent.

We have a 19 year old here and he drops Andy on the climbs,he has now been signed with Trek/Nissan.He was also world Junior TT Champ.

He only went to school 3 days a week and was given top level coaching,he had Sparticus coaching him and helping him with TT(helped him but not Andy).Now when will you see that in SA?

Nice!!!! :clap:

Well we have Mr. Louis Meintjes... Signed with Lotto for next year :clap: Wow how he gets me motivated by just doing what he does! He is also 19 and has beaten all the Pro's in SA, on the climbs not on flat stages.

Lotto Belgium has helped the SA ladies quite a bit,great to see some new SA riders heading for Europe.I just wonder when Lotto SA will start doing a bit.

Nice!!!! :clap:

Well we have Mr. Louis Meintjes... Signed with Lotto for next year :clap: Wow how he gets me motivated by just doing what he does! He is also 19 and has beaten all the Pro's in SA, on the climbs not on flat stages.

Lets make clear that its is the semi Lotto Feeder team and not a pro team

Let's make it clear that to be in that position means he'll still ride circles around anyone on this form, with one leg tied behind his back.

Try be courteous and give credit where it's due?

You have to have talent to get onto a feeder team.

You have to have talent to get onto a feeder team.

Not necessarily often you have some friends of manager, sponsor of even riders on the roster and not for merit.

Read clear this is a general remerk an not aimed at Louis as I know not much about him.

Let's make it clear that to be in that position means he'll still ride circles around anyone on this form, with one leg tied behind his back.

Try be courteous and give credit where it's due?

TNT I just wan't to avoid confusion as already European pro riders for Saffa riders where announced where they where actually non pro contracts or for just the feeder teams.

Not necessarily often you have some friends of manager, sponsor of even riders on the roster and not for merit.

Read clear this is a general remerk an not aimed at Louis as I know not much about him.

I better start sucking up more then,wash more cars and sweep the stores....might get onto the Trek Team soon ;)

Edited by gummibear