Campy electric gruppo launched (finally)

Christie

SRAM is becoming a bit like Johnny Walker or Alcopop drinks with all the colours.

I reckon SRAM Green is next - all the environment hype has got to have the guys at SRAM going "green".

They will call it Sram Buzz or Sram Sparky.

I think it looks good, but i will wait for the Red Tree Frog to release theirs at 300g less and half the price.

Still I wouldn't hate a set on my boutique Sunday stroll bike one day...

Yeah, baby, yeah!

:thumbup:

SRAM had a whole thing in the press a while ago about how they think electronic shifting is dof and how they will never design such a gruppo.

Clever strategy or "640k RAM is enough"?

Time will tell, but I think in a culture of consumer gadgets, electronic gruppos will sell. Shimano brought out Ui2, perhaps a 105 electric will follow?

They still need an iPhone app that can talk to the gruppo, though ;)

SRAM had a whole thing in the press a while ago about how they think electronic shifting is dof and how they will never design such a gruppo.

Time will tell, but I think in a culture of consumer gadgets, electronic gruppos will sell. Shimano brought out Ui2, perhaps a 105 electric will follow?

You are joking. I'm sure one day you will pre-program your gears at home according to the route and download it to your bike's computer. When you get home it compares it to the route previously ridden and will "suggest" alternative gears for the next time.

http://303cycling.co...-Shifting-Trend

SRAM has not jumped into the electronic-shifting game because SRAM believes the bicycle is a pure, leg and lung-powered expression of utter simplicity and grace. And using a battery to power an essential part of the experience just isn’t right. Or necessary.

Looks like a leaked campaign pitch by their agency .. or maybe some kind of low level buzz marketing.. then there were the purported pics of the group itself which were subsequently said to be an April Fools joke

http://boulderfixedg...nd-braking.html

Edited by Lucky Luke.

Here's an interesting article about Campag from Bicycling mag of all places. Kind of makes me like them more than I already do*(Campag, not Bicycling :)).

Link?

From cyclingnews.com

For Campy fans who want better shifting: They claim it can shift under 70% higher chain load and gear changes are 25% faster compared to standard Super Record.

Big Q: How much will it cost?

I supose that I dont ride fast enough to really notice these things - but 25% faster ? Translate that into reality. The campy I ride with (veloce), press lever, click, it happens. If this takes 2 seconds, then with the new stuff, it will be 1.5 seconds, will I really notice the difference ? I doubt it. Will I go faster for it? I doubt it. So for a novice rider, what exactly are the differences ?

Slowbee, the way I think about it: Do we need electric razors or an electric toothbrush, or an iPAD if we already have laptops?

Electric shifting is just a nice to have, a cool gadget.

Why don't you see if you can arrange a test ride on either Di2 or Campy, decide if you would like to have it or not? Plus post the feedback, please :)