Motorex Wet Lube

Zula

I've been using this lube for a while on my MTB and never really took notice of the ridiculous mess it left as the bike gets washed after each and every ride.

I recently applied some to my road bike, very carefully ensuring not to over lube. Left it to dry and wiped off excess with a rag. Text book procedure no?

This stuff is a bio hazard of serious proportion. Yes the chain is quiet as a mouse and shifts as smooth as ever, but the lube goes everywhere. The chain is black and needs to be wiped after every ride, the cassette resembles the color of tar. Basically it is the filthiest substance I have ever come accross.

Anyone had similar experience? Is there a trick to applying this stuff?

I bought a bottle of Finishline ceramic lube, the mech at the LBS says its the bees knees and the best of both world (wet & dry)

I've been using this lube for a while on my MTB and never really took notice of the ridiculous mess it left as the bike gets washed after each and every ride.

I recently applied some to my road bike, very carefully ensuring not to over lube. Left it to dry and wiped off excess with a rag. Text book procedure no?

This stuff is a bio hazard of serious proportion. Yes the chain is quiet as a mouse and shifts as smooth as ever, but the lube goes everywhere. The chain is black and needs to be wiped after every ride, the cassette resembles the color of tar. Basically it is the filthiest substance I have ever come accross.

Anyone had similar experience? Is there a trick to applying this stuff?

I bought a bottle of Finishline ceramic lube, the mech at the LBS says its the bees knees and the best of both world (wet & dry)

Same experience.Best trick is to shift it to the back of the workbench.

Their grease is good tho

Yes it is the most dirty of all the wet lubes...I hated the stuff. Chuck it and try Boeshield T-9.

Dirty is an understatement

Motorex Wet Lube, the only stuff that I use for both disciplines. When properly applied, and cleaned after aplication, these nothing that can beat it.

not sure if this is even related but I have been using white lightning chain lube recently and currently am struggling to get my chain back to its original silver colour. I have tried using clean green and the red liquid degreaser that I buy from OC and none of them work. Does anyone have a better cleaning solution and is white lightning not the best idea to use for chain lube?

not sure if this is even related but I have been using white lightning chain lube recently and currently am struggling to get my chain back to its original silver colour. I have tried using clean green and the red liquid degreaser that I buy from OC and none of them work. Does anyone have a better cleaning solution and is white lightning not the best idea to use for chain lube?

Engine degreaser works for me, pop some in a spray bottle with water and spray away. Leave for 10 mins and rinse off, dry and lube. Sorted.

My best lube is RocknRoll Gold. No mess, no fuzz! (like a Brazilian)

Engine degreaser works for me, pop some in a spray bottle with water and spray away. Leave for 10 mins and rinse off, dry and lube. Sorted.

My best lube is RocknRoll Gold. No mess, no fuzz! (like a Brazilian)

Shot and thank you for the advice :thumbup: lol like a Brazilian indeed!

Another lube thread...anyway here is my 2c. Dont use wet lube if its not necessary, because it makes a mess.

Dry lubes, I have used squirt, whitelightning (different kinds)and lately the best one is purple extreme, it last way longer than squirt or white lightning and it cleans very easy.

I have never used rock a roll but I would think its very much the same, its also very thin lube.

The problem often lies not with the oil itself, but the way it is applied.

Bike Magazine (never read those things, they're stoopid) advise as follows:

1)Liberally apply lubricant to chain covering all sides.

2) Spin the crank a couple of times.

3) Wipe off the excess using a clean, lint-free organic-material rag.

The right procedure should read:

1) Apply 1/2 a drop to each second roller on the chain.

2) Go ride.

How does one apply half a drop? You truncate the drop by holding the applicator nozzle against the chain and then allowing gravity and capillary action to suck the fluid out.

There is no need to get oil on the sideplates and no need to oil every link. A couple of revolutions of the crank and the oil will be distributed evenly, inside the chain where it matters.

Have a look at the pinned thread - the great cassette debate something or other. I attached a document there that explains it all.

Although I haven't tried this Motorex stuff, I have seen what a mess ChainL makes and it is totally crazy to create an oil with so much added tackifier that you want to throw the drivetrain away comes washday.