• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ow!

Lbw given

JP asked for a review

OUT

Edited by ' Dale

With some cool heads and decent batting, we really should chase this score down. Great platform laid by the openers

Eina eina eina

Pitch looked good for chasing.

Clever spin wizardry by India.

A few poor decisions under pressure by the Proteas.

Tch!

Guest Kalahari ou
Eina eina eina

Pitch looked good for chasing.

Clever spin wizardry by India.

A few poor decisions under pressure by the Proteas.

Tch!

I dont even want to comment. It hurts

This team bats deep but bowling was off today ... But it could be tickets for us even if we win remaining games ... :-(

poor performance, although our batsman put up abit of a fight

the game was lost by the bowlers! Kleinveldt and lobsy were very average to put it lightly :thumbdown:

pitty bout morkel not being able to bowl out his spell

The attack that took us to #1 in tests: Steyn, Philander, Morkel, Kallis, plus a spinner. The second string bowlers were toothless today.

Steyn and Morkel injuries hurt us. Why no Philander? Why Kleinveld ahead of Morris?

Some positives: McLaren put up his hand for the allrounder slot.

JPD bowled well.

Lastly, I dont rate Ingram - he needs to lift his game a level.

the games dont get any easier!

The paki's just thrashed us a few days ago and the windies, well they have Chris Gale!

Enough said

the games dont get any easier!

The paki's just thrashed us a few days ago and the windies, well they have Chris Gale!

Enough said

We were out-captained by Dhoni. India is a very confident outfit. Bowling was abysmal, but batting showed some good signs. We need to get around playing the sweep / reverse sweep to every spin delivery andshould try to play a lot straighter though.

The attack that took us to #1 in tests: Steyn, Philander, Morkel, Kallis, plus a spinner. The second string bowlers were toothless today.

Steyn and Morkel injuries hurt us. Why no Philander? Why Kleinveld ahead of Morris?

Some positives: McLaren put up his hand for the allrounder slot.

JPD bowled well.

Lastly, I dont rate Ingram - he needs to lift his game a level.

I don't think you'll ever see vern in the limited overs team, totally different ball game.

Good query over morris, we needed more from lopsy and rory - the 160 runs they conceded was where the game was lost.

tournament is far from over, you only need to win 4 out of five games - we just have to win the next four. might end up that the last wicket partnership is going to be crucial in the run rate calcs

Philander was arguably our best bowler on the England tour, because he moves the ball both ways and just enough to get the edge. He has enormous control on line and length. If there is no movement, he becomes ineffective, like what happened in the first test in Aus.

They now use a new ball from both ends, and in England it swings. He also bats well, imo he would be a better option for this tournament than Kleinveld in every aspect.

Team I would like to see:

Faf, Amla, Duminy, Miller, AB, Peterson, McLaren, Philander, Steyn, Morkel. This leaves a spot open for either a batsmen or a bowler. List of canditates are Kallis, A Morkel, De Kock, Tsotsobe, Tahir, Ingram, Morris.