Cricket......

E1A104

Was surprised when I heard Johnson's interview. Quite a squeaky voice for such a big guy.

i think his wife is a hairdresser(or maybe it was nathan bracken?)

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I heard Mitch GF was a serious martial arts chick, kind of in the Aus national karate squad or something

I thought he was into guys

Edited by JGR

I think we will drop down from #1. It was built by Kirsten, with Smith and Kallis as part of the foundation. Also with a super pace attack. If Steyn is out and Morkel and Philander is off form, the team looks very ordinary.

Imo, we shoule look in the next generation, for a team that can dominate again.

How about experimenting with the young guns a bit - QdK, Stiaan van Zyl, Rilee Russouw etc as batsmen, and Hendricks, Hardus Viljoen, Chris Morris as bowlers?

It is sad that after many years, we still do not have a spinner that can hold a spot in the squad. We play tests in Sri Lanka next - I suspect we wil see Peterson or/and Tahir in the team again - neither of those is a long term solution.

I think Morkel and Petersen has to go. Lets rather build something new.

Edited by Christie

. Lets rather build something new.

I don't want to get into who I think should be there, but definitely this.

I was thinking everyone praised gary Kirsten when under his watch we made it to the top of all the rankings, but when we playing bad which is at the moment nobody seems to say anything of Russel Domingo, I don't think he is the best coach we could have got but thats just my personal opinion. when we play bad we call for the heads of the players sometimes rightly so but unlike in other sports at national level where the coach is usually the first to be put under scrutiny like in football and rugby.

I was thinking everyone praised gary Kirsten when under his watch we made it to the top of all the rankings, but when we playing bad which is at the moment nobody seems to say anything of Russel Domingo, I don't think he is the best coach we could have got but thats just my personal opinion. when we play bad we call for the heads of the players sometimes rightly so but unlike in other sports at national level where the coach is usually the first to be put under scrutiny like in football and rugby.

in international cricket the captain has a huge role in the team compared to the other sports, well that's the current norm.

in rugby/soccer the buck stops with the coach, the captain is more of a motivator than a decision maker. That explains the unbalanced levels of scrutiny.

I think we will drop down from #1. It was built by Kirsten, with Smith and Kallis as part of the foundation. Also with a super pace attack. If Steyn is out and Morkel and Philander is off form, the team looks very ordinary.

Imo, we shoule look in the next generation, for a team that can dominate again.

How about experimenting with the young guns a bit - QdK, Stiaan van Zyl, Rilee Russouw etc as batsmen, and Hendricks, Hardus Viljoen, Chris Morris as bowlers?

It is sad that after many years, we still do not have a spinner that can hold a spot in the squad. We play tests in Sri Lanka next - I suspect we wil see Peterson or/and Tahir in the team again - neither of those is a long term solution.

I think Morkel and Petersen has to go. Lets rather build something new.

Mickey put in the foundation and Gary polished it. The only reason we didn't get to number one under Micky was that we played so few games.

• 2 weeks later...

So, the Proteas are starting in their time honoured tradition of choking are they?

Rather choke now before the knock-outs?

Rather choke now before the knock-outs?

Um, yeah, but they wont get that far if they crumble now.

When the nr 1 side (SL) beats the nr 4 side (SA) its hardly choking.

Yeah, with the game for the taking, a so called "finisher" at the crease and two runouts in the last over, the question is glaring.

Yeah, with the game for the taking, a so called "finisher" at the crease and two runouts in the last over, the question is glaring.

so did the Aussies choke against the Pakis as well?