Cricket......

E1A104

Soooo.... Cook reckons that Jimmy is as good as The Steyn Remover.

To Quote;

Steyn’s overall numbers read: 75 matches; 383 wickets at an average of 22.56 and an economy rate of 3.24 runs per over. He gets a wicket every 41.7 balls and has 24 five-wicket and five 10-wickets hauls. He averages 5.11 wickets per Test.

Anderson’s numbers are as follows: 99 matches; 378 wickets at an average of 29.83 and an economy rate of 3.06 runs per over. He gets a wicket every 58.3 balls and has 16 five-wicket and two 10-wicket hauls. He averages 3.82 wickets per test.

http://www.bdlive.co.za/opinion/columnists/2014/08/18/steyn-versus-anderson-argument-over

Cook is a bit delusional after thrashing a poor India who never travels well.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy can banana a ball both ways... at pace, he is good but not as good as Steyn

Agree. This argument on who is better between Steyn, Johnson and Anderson is getting old. All three can wreck havoc with the ball when they are on form. What makes Steyn better in my opinion is consistency, he has performed better over the years than the other two and that's why he is nr 1. A good example for me is the French rugby team where we all know they can beat any team on their day, but we do not consider them as the best rugby team in the world.

With that said, i also think Morkel does not receive the credit he deserves. The two of them are IMHO the best bowling combination at this stage.

Cool stats from Cricinfo RE Pakistan vs Sri Lanka

Rangana Herath took nine wickets in Pakistan's first innings at the SSC. How many other left-armers have done this in a Test?

The short answer is none: Rangana Herath's 9 for 127 in the second Test against Pakistan in Colombo was the first Test nine-for by any left-arm bowler. The previous-best was 8 for 11, by the Lancashire and England spinner Johnny Briggs against South Africa in Cape Town in 1888-89. Briggs had taken 7 for 17 in the first innings, so had record match-figures for a left-armer of 15 for 28. Next on the innings list is Hedley Verity's 8 for 34 in 1934, which set up England's only victory against Australia at Lord's in the 20th century.

ALSO 29 WICKETS WERE TAKEN BY LEFT-HANDERS - another record

Quinton de Kock breezed to a sprightly 38, helped by Brian Vitori's struggles to find a strangling line as he made his return from an ankle niggle, and became the join fastest to 1000 ODI runs. De Kock shares the record with Jonathan Trott, who also reached the milestone in 21 innings.

Cricinfo, SA 2-0 Zim, ODI

Looks like it's going to be an emphatic 3-0 over zim in the onedayers.

should be happy with that, especially since they've burnt us before in world cups.

Must say QdK is taking his chances with both hands, firmly in the ODI side now till pretty much.....whenever. I don't really like AB as permanent keeper so it resolves that issue.

I'm guessing he's got his way into the test side too now, officially he was only in as AB had back issues. Next inline at the A-team the gloves swapped between Mosehle and Kuhn. With Vilas and Daryn Smit further down the order it's a serious embarrassment of riches - all of these guys can bat in the top 6.

Must say QdK is taking his chances with both hands, firmly in the ODI side now till pretty much.....whenever. I don't really like AB as permanent keeper so it resolves that issue.

I'm guessing he's got his way into the test side too now, officially he was only in as AB had back issues. Next inline at the A-team the gloves swapped between Mosehle and Kuhn. With Vilas and Daryn Smit further down the order it's a serious embarrassment of riches - all of these guys can bat in the top 6.

QdK is probably the most exciting player to emerge since Kallis. I like his approach and that he lets his bat do the talking. It would be interesting to see if the Aussies will be able to get inside his head in the upcoming triangular series.

Quite an article by Demitri Old about KP

So those of you who revile him, I don’t want to hear about the 2005 Ashes ever from you. I don’t want to hear about the World T20 championship, the ONLY world title we’ve ever won, and with him as man of the tournament. I don’t want to hear about the Ashes Down Under when his double hundred at Adelaide buried the Aussies into the dust to set up the vital first test win (and he cut Clarke off in a second innings that threatened to be big). Winning in India, forget about it…that “over-rated” innings (yes, people even slag that off) in Mumbai changed the series around and without it, who knows? Remember us being nothing for 3 in Napier in 2007/8 in New Zealand? Someone made a series saving hundred, that then allowed us to post a total and go on to win the game? Remember Trent Bridge a few months later when he made a ton and no-one else came remotely close? Or how about his double ton at Lord’s in 2011 that set that game up and meant we could build the platform for a 4-0 win? Or that innings in Headingley, while hated by his teammates, with a storm brewing, with the turmoil, and saving us from a whitewash.

http://cricketbydmitri.wordpress.com/2014/08/24/you-abandoned-me-love-dont-live-here-anymore/

That seems to be an easy win for SA. Great batting by Faf and AB

Just love it when the Aussies are knocked over

AB you genius

And the other support role players too.

Just love it when the Aussies are knocked over

AB you genius

And the other support role players too.

Genius he is...Amazing shots played and he batted with a slight injury I believe. Did you watch that T20 IPL over when he was batting against Dale Steyn. True genius.

That seems to be an easy win for SA. Great batting by Faf and AB

It was a great chase, well structured. The Ozzies will come back with their tales up though!