Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a good innings from Marsh. Some of those shots were outrageous. SA still have to win this game, go for it

Another gem of an innings from Faf 'The Wall'

Aussies have the edge

But the game can change quickly with SA keeping wickets intact

looks like it could be a tight finish, but don't think it's really on the cards.

Steyn batting at 8 is a real weakpoint in this lineup, he's in next and there's still 100 plus required. if Qdk/#/AB don't get in the mix then it's tickets.

so just need to get 225 to avoid the bonus point it seems.

edit: in writing that, the inevitable happened.

Edited by Shebeen

!!!

Richardson to du Plessis, OUT, oh, he's hitwicket, what a way for that innings to end! Faf went back in the crease to turn the ball to deep midwicket from outside off and set off for a single too, but his right heel touched the base of the off stump and he has to walk back. He has a word with Phangiso before leaving the field

Cricinfo

What do you make of Dale Steyns aggression when QDK took that catch? Apparently it was in jest. Steyn is known to get very "emotional" when wickets fall particularly when he is the bowler& he went for a couple of runs prior.

Our middle order batting has lots of potential, but is weak under pressure. JP, Miller & McLaren.

How about: Russouw, JP, Philander?

Our middle order batting has lots of potential, but is weak under pressure. JP, Miller & McLaren.

That said, our death bowling is what cost us this match, and the bench looks empty in that regard. Perhaps De Lange?

That said, our death bowling is what cost us this match, and the bench looks empty in that regard. Perhaps De Lange?

if i'm not mistaken they retained the same bowling attack which won them the previous match, however the bowlers did get a trouncing in the process.

riiiight now it's all about building up a squad for the next world cup in oz/nz. which means we need 4 seamers for the flat aussie pitches. and don't forget 2 spinners for the nz pitches.

Somewhere in that mix we need to beef up the tail too. Can think parnell is the only out and out allrounder in the sights, philander might get a look in. Otherwise Albie has a domestic season to put his hand up, again.

been a long time since the batting order looks rock solid compared to the bowlers.

waleed in for mclaren

rilee rossouw in for tahir

so expect a better batting display, but more importantly is this the new team for the final, if they qualify?