Cricket......

E1A104

Similar to Golf .Batting and bowling is technical ,but playing an opponent is all a mind game .The bigger the stage , the bigger the mind game becomes .Leadership and inspiration is what is lacking ,but can be acquired overnight .I am still confidant the Proteas can win some key games

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar to Golf .Batting and bowling is technical ,but playing an opponent is all a mind game .The bigger the stage , the bigger the mind game becomes .Leadership and inspiration is what is lacking ,but can be acquired overnight .I am still confidant the Proteas can win some key games

I always wonder how good a captain 'really' is. Not what is said in the media by the Coach (what else must he say) but whether he can really lead the team on a technical, inspirational and 'mind' level (too lazy to make sure I spell psycho.. whatever right :whistling: ). I mean, AB is a great player but is he a great captain?

I always wonder how good a captain 'really' is. Not what is said in the media by the Coach (what else must he say) but whether he can really lead the team on a technical, inspirational and 'mind' level (too lazy to make sure I spell psycho.. whatever right :whistling: ). I mean, AB is a great player but is he a great captain?

I think he's a pain in the arse as a captain

Dont move Miller..he is making that 5 spot his own...himself and AB were the only ones looking good against india...he has proven that he can excel at 5

Quite right you are. I may experiment with QdK at 6 and move Rilee to open with #.

I definitely don't think he's a GREAT captain. He's made some blunders before with bowling changes, but isn't hopeless. He sometimes does the smith thing of moving a player into the last gap a boundary went, but that's normally the bowler not following the plan.

Amla is really growing into the test captaincy role, a position AB put himself up for publicly. I actually am growing to like the triumvirate of faf/ab/# all playing in the three different codes and being a captain of each. This only works because it appears they really get along as a squad.

great finish in the AFG vs Scotland game....got me late for work,  but so worth it. amazing to think they've only being playing the game for 15 odd years and now they've won a world cup match

great finish in the AFG vs Scotland game....got me late for work,  but so worth it. amazing to think they've only being playing the game for 15 odd years and now they've won a world cup match

Someone was saying this morning on the radio that the "minnows" have provided some of the better games of the tourney so far - after Ireland's close one against the UAE yesterday (awesome to watch!) - and it's a shame cricket's bosses want to reduce the teams.

Someone was saying this morning on the radio that the "minnows" have provided some of the better games of the tourney so far - after Ireland's close one against the UAE yesterday (awesome to watch!) - and it's a shame cricket's bosses want to reduce the teams.

We just need an upset or two from them! (Hopefully not against us :whistling: )

interestingly many said the ireland victory over windies wasn't an upset!

And I reckon that Ireland must fancy themselves in the matches against Pakistan and Zimbabwe. If they can win one or both of those games (not unrealistic imho) we could see them advancing to the 1/4's. Definitely the strongest associate side at the CWC.

And I reckon that Ireland must fancy themselves in the matches against Pakistan and Zimbabwe. If they can win one or both of those games (not unrealistic imho) we could see them advancing to the 1/4's. Definitely the strongest associate side at the CWC.

if ireland can beat zim, but lose to pakistan then it will probably come down to net run rate.

!!!

JP out for 2 matches with a side strain

Then we need another bowler, and parnell has to play for his batting. I don't see AB/behardien or even faf taking a full 5th bowler overs between them

now Maclaren would REALLY be in the mix.