E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Bangladesh.....

i think butler holds the final key here. get him out and it's over kadova 

they having a big discussion about this runout decision - and it was given out while i was still writing this  - how he grounded his bat and then it bounced back up when the ball it the wickets. I was under the impression that once you have grounded then your bat can do anything it wants - you are safe. Thats like getting in the crease and then jumping up in the air  as the ball hits the stumps and being given out. Anyone up to speed with the rules?

A batsman is out Run out if at any time while the ball is in play no part of his bat or person is grounded behind the popping crease and his wicket is fairly put down by the opposing side.

A batsman may be dismissed Run out whether or not a run is being attempted, even if the delivery is a no ball (i.e. not a fair delivery). There are a number of exceptions to this:

(1) A batsman is not run out if he or his bat had been grounded behind the popping crease, but he subsequently leaves it to avoid injury, when the wicket is put down.

(2) A batsman is not run out if the ball has not been touched by a fielder (excluding a helmet worn by a fielder), after the bowler has entered his delivery stride, before the wicket is put down. (Therefore, the bowler may not run out the striker instead of bowling to him. This also means that the non-striker is not out if a ball hit by the striker puts down the non-striker's wicket, provided the ball did not touch any member of the fielding side before doing so.)

(3) A batsman is not given out Run out if he can be given out Stumped (or, in the case of a No Ball, could have been so given out were the delivery a fair one).

(4) A batsman is only out if the fielder has the ball in his hand, if the bails have been removed from the stumps the fielder will have to pull the stump out of the ground and hit it with the ball to claim the wicket or throw the ball and the stump gets hit out of the ground. If one bail is still on the stumps the fielder is allowed to knock the bail off to claim a run out.

The batsman can be judged run out when he is closest to the end where the wicket has been put down by the opposition and no other batsman is available inside the crease of the same end. The runs completed before a Run out are still scored by the batsman and his team (compare caught where the reverse is true). The bowler does not get credit for the wicket.

I have not seen the incident, but he was not taking avoiding action

(1) A batsman is not run out if he or his bat had been grounded behind the popping crease, but he subsequently leaves it to avoid injury, when the wicket is put down.

they having a big discussion about this runout decision - and it was given out while i was still writing this  - how he grounded his bat and then it bounced back up when the ball it the wickets. I was under the impression that once you have grounded then your bat can do anything it wants - you are safe. Thats like getting in the crease and then jumping up in the air  as the ball hits the stumps and being given out. Anyone up to speed with the rules?

Looked like the shoulder of the bat was grounded behind the line (the toe bounced up but not the shoulder, from the way I saw it). bad call in my opinion, but that's not the one that counts.

Looked like the shoulder of the bat was grounded behind the line (the toe bounced up but not the shoulder, from the way I saw it). bad call in my opinion, but that's not the one that counts.

i'm streaming ...so Im a little LD