Cricket......

E1A104

Assuming rhe Kiwis win tomorrow, the top 4 ranked teams in ODI's (at the start of the CWC), as well as the top 2 from each group, are in the semi's.

If memory is correct, SA were ranked 5th or 6th with NZ at 9th when the groups were drawn way back when. Sri Lanka we're No. 2 and England were No.3

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great performance by the Kiwis...we going to have to work hard to beat them

They are showing good form. I got the impression that the way they play that they will give you a few chances. If Guptil was caught on 4... You have to take your chances...

Kiwis playing very well, must lose eventually ... Proteas have more match winners so a better chance of somebody winning the game, but it in one-off anything can happen! We just need two more please

Assuming rhe Kiwis win tomorrow, the top 4 ranked teams in ODI's (at the start of the CWC), as well as the top 2 from each group, are in the semi's.

If memory is correct, SA were ranked 5th or 6th with NZ at 9th when the groups were drawn way back when. Sri Lanka we're No. 2 and England were No.3

Things change so quickly - England were #1

According to Bet365 we are slight favorites to win the match. Perhaps I should put R1000 on the Kiwis that way I will be happy if we win or if we lose ;) 

So, what do you think are our chances tomorrow?

50 fifty. too close to call. It's on a rugby field which is RIDICULOUS for such an important match.

we did beat them comfortably 2-0 in new zealand earlier in the season - but october seems like a world away now.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-south-africa-2014-15/engine/match/749773.html

There was talk there of our team being 'settled' for the world cup...it's actually almost true in that this is basically the same team with abbott/philander rotating but a lot has changed since!

I like the talk of Guptill being a factor now. he averages 11 against us in 12 games!

Kiwis playing very well, must lose eventually ... 

Many said that about the 95 Bok WC squad. The weather seems to be a bit of a concern, so prep takes on a new dimension with now also having to factor a likely shortened game into things as well, or do they simply play on, and use the reserve day if weather becomes a factor? 

some interesting stats here...one of which is how we are the best BOWLING team at the death, and the best BATTING team too. I think it might be skewed by new zealand bowling a few teams out before the death overs even started. 

The ultimate point there is that they haven't really been stretched like we have, been dominating teams the whole way through. can go either way really.

I am going to miss the second innings (half)  :thumbdown:  I don't know what to wish for.. us batting first or bowling first.  Our batting is exciting, but I must say, against Sri Lanka the bowling was equally exciting

just to add more fuel to the fire, seems even their netball team fall at the final hurdle

The All Blacks choked in the 1991 Rugby World Cup semi-finals, the 1995 Rugby World Cup final, the 1999 Rugby World Cup semi-finals, the 2003 Rugby World Cup semi-finals and the 2007 Rugby World Cup quarter-finals (thanks to a bit of dodgy refereeing).

The Black Caps have choked in the Cricket World Cup semi-finals in 1992, 1999, 2003, 2007 and 2011.

New Zealand's America's Cup syndicates choked in the 1987 Louis Vuitton Cup final (after Glassgate), the 1992 Louis Vuitton Cup final (after Bowspritgate), the 2003 America's Cup (after other syndicates had bought most of their key personnel) and the 2007 America's Cup, and look to be doing the same in the current America's Cup.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/assignments/are-kiwis-jokers-or-chokers/9207897/A-short-history-of-NZ-choking

I am going to miss the second innings (half)  :thumbdown:  I don't know what to wish for.. us batting first or bowling first.  Our batting is exciting, but I must say, against Sri Lanka the bowling was equally exciting

Not if either team is bowled out for a low total - and it's all over before dinner (half time).