Cricket......

E1A104

Rabada looks like a brilliant prospect. Imo he got drafted into test cricket a bit early, they need to manage his workload well. He needs someone to bowl well in tandem with, to build pressure.

Morkel is bowling below par, but he has done lots and lots of bowling since Dale and Vern got injured. They will have to rest him.

we had them on the ropes at 91/4, too bad we couldn't finish them off. All square on day 3. We need to bat well for a day and a halF. What would be a good target, 350?

Edited by Christie

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Precariously balanced

What a Test match

Make or break for the SA batters

No 4th innings demons to face

Rabada looks like a brilliant prospect. Imo he got drafted into test cricket a bit early, they need to manage his workload well. He needs someone to bowl well in tandem with, to build pressure.

Morkel is bowling below par, but he has done lots and lots of bowling since Dale and Vern got injured. They will have to rest him.

we had them on the ropes at 91/4, too bad we couldn't finish them off. All square on day 3. We need to bat well for a day and a halF. What would be a good target, 350?

350 will be VERY difficult to chase, anything above 300 will be a competitive score I think.

350 will be VERY difficult to chase, anything above 300 will be a competitive score I think.

Since we are without a frontline spinner I'd prefer as much over 400 as is possible, which means that at least three of our batsmen need to get big fifties with one kicking onto a hundred. Anything over 350 will be difficult but not impossible especially with Root and Stokes in such good form.

Commentators saying 250. The way the ball is bouncing and zipping for the England bowlers, it will be hard to set.

Weekend Argus reports 4 Proteas and 4 provincial players reported Bodi, so lets first see who gets charged.

whoooooo the plot thickens!

Commentators saying 250. The way the ball is bouncing and zipping for the England bowlers, it will be hard to set.

Agreed - cant see how folk think the 2nd innings scores are going to be a lot higher than those in the 1st innings.  Whatever is set is going to lead to a nervy finish.

Effectively you're 20/2 so if you could keep it under 150 I'd appreciate it.

Update 20/3 - thanks

Edited by Joe Low

Cricket is a funny game, i dont see SA winning this, with that said stranger things have happened in this lovely game. for example we were bowled out of 100 odd runs, the opening pair put on a good stand & was chipping away at the low score we put them up. Captain has all but given up & decided to rest his best bowlers & give me the part-timer-wannabe a go with the ball. Cant remember the exact figures but i took 4 wickets in 10 balls or less to wrap up & win the game, we got pretty pissed in the pub down the road that day.