Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The South African players get together and savour the moment. They have now wrapped up their third straight Test series win in Australia. South Africa's seamers produced a masterclass on the fourth morning, exposing Australia's weak defensive technique again. In the first innings, Australia lost 10 for 85, now they have lost 8 for 32. The hosts have been battered inside seven sessions.

Cricinfo

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Nothing sweeter than a bashing of the saggy greens down under.

#ProteaFire

Hulle is #inniekak

Nice! Series wrapped up. Looking forward to see how we go with the pink ball next week.

Day-night test cricket

The modern game

Gonna be interesting

Nice! Series wrapped up. Looking forward to see how we go with the pink ball next week.

Surely interesting times ! looking forward !

I would hate to be a selector right now. All the pundits are saying it will be a seamers paradise in Adelaide. Spinners don't seem to get a bowl. Do they bring in Morkel for Maharaj? Or go with new boy Pretorius. Or drop Cook and promote Themba and play all the seamers.

Faf du Plessis has admitted he would not be opposed to becoming South Africa's permanent Test captain. Du Plessis is standing in for AB de Villiers, a long-time friend who is expected to return from an elbow injury for the Sri Lanka series in the home summer, and has racked up results that will make it difficult for his influence to be ignored.

Cricinfo

Cool bananaaaaas  :clap:

Faf du Plessis has admitted he would not be opposed to becoming South Africa's permanent Test captain. Du Plessis is standing in for AB de Villiers, a long-time friend who is expected to return from an elbow injury for the Sri Lanka series in the home summer, and has racked up results that will make it difficult for his influence to be ignored.

Cricinfo

Cool bananaaaaas  :clap:

smart way for DuP to avoid too much scrutiny of his often iffy batting results, by being willing to take on additional responsibilities ;) But good captaincy ranks up there with good batting, fielding and bowling. Last few results in both short and long formats of the game are nothing to sneeze at. So well done to DuP.

If this focusses AB again, horyshet!

Edited by Capricorn

"I am embarrassed to be sitting here to be perfectly honest with you," Smith said. "Too many times we have lost wickets in clumps, 8 for 30 today, 10 for 85 in the first innings, and you are not winning any games of cricket when are you doing that. And it is happening way too consistently for my liking."

Steve Smith

smart way for DuP to avoid too much scrutiny of his often iffy batting results, by being willing to take on additional responsibilities ;) But good captaincy ranks up there with good batting, fielding and bowling. Last few results in both short and long formats of the game are nothing to sneeze at. So well done to DuP.

If this focusses AB again, horyshet!

A good captain is worth his place by captaincy alone. Ali Bacher was most probably the only one who could have handled the side from 1970.

A good captain is worth his place by captaincy alone. Ali Bacher was most probably the only one who could have handled the side from 1970.

And with an average of 42 in tests, he'll hold down a spot in any test side at present, captain or not.