nice read news24 give that girl a bike

tikki

I said to my wife I'd give her one, but she said she had a headache.

Hoping to do the same with my wife, but only when the boys are bigger.

Goodness this highlights my current dilemma.

I've got a Sani2C Adventure entry for 2012, having used my wife's details as my team member and payment duly made. Now I'm on the wrong side of 100kg's, and she's on the right side of 55kg's and about to tackle her first running marathon this weekend coming. Last weekend she did a 1.47 half marathon. She's light and fit. I'm heavy and unfit - for now. I can hold my own on the technical stuff and am reasonably quick on the downhills. She's tentative with the technical stuff and is a mountain goat at climbing. She claims the entry's hers. I say I need a stronger partner in all aspects who's willing to wait for me on the uphills, stay just ahead of me on the technical stuff, and be beside me on the flats and downhills. And I need to decide soon, as a few mates are waiting in the wings and training needs to start Dec/Jan.

What to do? blink.gif I'd love to do a stage race with her, but first I need to get myself across the line. huh.gif Heaven help me coming to The Hub for advice!! blush.gif

I've got a Sani2C Adventure entry for 2012, having used my wife's details as my team member and payment duly made. Now I'm on the wrong side of 100kg's, and she's on the right side of 55kg's and about to tackle her first running marathon this weekend coming. Last weekend she did a 1.47 half marathon. She's light and fit. I'm heavy and unfit - for now. I can hold my own on the technical stuff and am reasonably quick on the downhills. She's tentative with the technical stuff and is a mountain goat at climbing. She claims the entry's hers. I say I need a stronger partner in all aspects who's willing to wait for me on the uphills, stay just ahead of me on the technical stuff, and be beside me on the flats and downhills. And I need to decide soon, as a few mates are waiting in the wings and training needs to start Dec/Jan.

What to do? blink.gif I'd love to do a stage race with her, but first I need to get myself across the line. huh.gif Heaven help me coming to The Hub for advice!! blush.gif

Lay off the pies and train more :rolleyes:

Words of wisdom. Just like my wife. angry.gif Just cos yours is here and not there, doesn't mean you have to side with them. laugh.gif

FlyMango, only you will know whether you are risking your marriage trying to do a stage race with her! We can give you all the advice in the world but generally if you are on the same mission it's awesome fun. If you know you are gonna be in it with different agendas to start with, then know that you are gonna STRUGGLE the whole way through. You can always replace a race partner, but it's a much bigger mission to divorce someone that did your past-times with you.

That being said the preference is still to share it with someone special. Done a few events, but never had the opportunity to share them with the person that was the most special in my life.

I used to be in a similar position. My wife is a climbing goddess who could stay with me on the downhills as well. My only advantage was on the technical stuff and the flat road. Stages races with her were an receipe for unhappiness. At 2008 epic she would have to wait for up to 40 minutes at the top of the long climbs for me to catch up :blush:

This year I started commuting on a hilly route with a heavy SS. About 7000kms later I am 6kgs lighter, and I can stay with her on the climbs. Now stage races are awesome times together.

Words of wisdom. Just like my wife. angry.gif Just cos yours is here and not there, doesn't mean you have to side with them. laugh.gif

The wife has been training way more then I have, riding twice a day sometimes. I need to step it up myself, come Xmas time in Cape Town, I'll be the one pushing up the hills :lol:

I posted this because well , ill be in the same boat , except attached ! Tandem frameset arrives hopefully

tomorrow , i ve ridden and raced a hell of a lot and wife has always done the support thing except for her two races she ride s a year . So im really looking forward to getting her into more riding and racing together.

:lol:

Simple. straight.

Get on that training programme and log your rides.,

Clock is ticking.

The Misses and I started MTBiking recently and we are really enjoying it together!

Its our "US" time! And her being an exercise freak is a good thing for me trying to get my fitness up!

The bike I bought her was a better investment than the engagement ring....... :P

I'd love to experience something like W2W or Sani with my husband but he refuses to ride with me :(

That cause he is scared of you. Ride with your boet instead. wink.gif

The Misses and I started MTBiking recently and we are really enjoying it together!

Its our "US" time! And her being an exercise freak is a good thing for me trying to get my fitness up!

The bike I bought her was a better investment than the engagement ring....... :P

MTB used to be "me" time with my mates. My wife and I both work from home and don't have kids, so its 24/7 in each other's space. And she's very much an "arrive and drive" MTB'er. I clean and lube the bikes, inflate the tyres, run the bikes down to the LBS for repairs, etc. etc. But I guess rather "too much" togetherness than "too little". thumbup1.gif