WHY NOW!!??!! my first 94.7

L.T.G

I am on day three in bed, with similar stuff. My doc has put me on heavy antibiotics and reckons i will be okay. He even says a light ride on friday would be okay.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on a different note... would it be faux pas to not wear baggies on a SS?

can't imagine that distance without decent padding..

Firstly, hope you heal quick.

Secondly ,wear what you wish, riding a SS is not some mythical excercise ,goodness me it's a bicycle.

Can I have your entry if you dont make it? PM me if so..

Chicken, the guy at my shop might sell his entry, A batch start.

Padded riding baggies by FOX are my favourite.

I nominate a SS code:

- Baggies:-tick

- Sleeveless t-shirt / riding jersey:-tick (hate sleeves)

- Hairy legs:- can't do it dude, haven't had hair on my legs for 21 years, just can't stand it.:blush:

- Camelback:-haven't ridden with one in ages, prefer the feeling without it now:blink:

- Nobby tires:- huge tick, they're brand new 6 days old... nothing smooth about them

- Overtake as many other riders as you can up the steepest hills:- i'll leave this one the advanced SS'ers... but i will one day:rolleyes:

(Specially for me: make sure chainring bolts are tight. (I'll never make that mistake again))

Thanks to you guys for all your advice and input....

I've just come back from the doc and been given the all clear.

he had an ECG done on me this morning and said I have a brilliant heart... told him it's for living not for loving.

my week comprised of the following medication:-

1 Corenza C and 1 Acc 200 every morning and night

lots of green tea

a 5ml intragam shot (i think this makes up for 50% of the recovery)

2 B12 shots(one on Tuesday and one yesterday)

another B-something shot today

Andolex for my throat

and some vicks cough syrup which i stopped using on wednesday because i felt it was forcing the cough too much.

I do feel tons better, and I have taken everyone's "don't do it advice" into consideration but i'm going to take it real easy ... I'll use every downhill to recover (and also because i won't have any gear to pedal down :blush: )

Good luck to you all and have a super FUNtastic time.:thumbup:

My first as well. I'm extremely excited except for coming back and having to study for an exam on Monday morning, gonna be tough.

Good luck to everyone!

Guest Frail4Life

I've never done the 94.7 Road event, because quite frankly I felt I'd be robbing myself of MTB'ing time...

However, this year i was introduced to the world of SingleSpeeds and landed up converting my old hardtail.

And I've been having an absolute blast on it, to the point where i decided I'd like to attempt the 94.7 on it....

and then what happens on Monday ......

even in this heat and with major preventative measures in place (:thumbdown:)...

Runny nose, sore throat,congestion, coughing (lungs feel like they're lined with sandpaper):angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

WHY NOW!!!!????

I haven't planned on a specific time or anything like that, just to be able to do it on my SS and experience the famous vibe of the event....

Corenza C, ACC200, cough syrups, Andolex, a Vit B12 injection(yesterday and another this Friday) and as much fluid as possible.. will it be enough

Am I fooling myself? will I be doing more harm (to my body) then good(to my cycling addiction) if I go ahead with this?:unsure:

SHYKES Guys!

Are U riding through the Desert OR Amazon???

Am I the ONLY IMORTAL ONE Left?

Sick= Easy Ride. Healthy= Chase, Chase! Training= Ride till U fall Over!

I am glad to hear that you will be able to ride...

I just got admitted to hospital, so that means that my 94 is definitely down the drain. :thumbdown:. Would have been my tenth one, and the first starting in A.

Nothing like the hub to kill the time in hospital though. Thank goodness for the 348 pages on a certain thread.! :clap: :clap:

I am glad to hear that you will be able to ride...

I just got admitted to hospital, so that means that my 94 is definitely down the drain. :thumbdown:. Would have been my tenth one, and the first starting in A.

Nothing like the hub to kill the time in hospital though. Thank goodness for the 348 pages on a certain thread.! :clap: :clap:

all the best with a speedy recovery !

there is cricket to watch aswell!

SHYKES Guys!

Are U riding through the Desert OR Amazon???

Am I the ONLY IMORTAL ONE Left?

Sick= Easy Ride. Healthy= Chase, Chase! Training= Ride till U fall Over!

Ok He-Man

Edited by L.T.G