Epic s-works 29er vs Superfly Pro

GoatBoy

Claimed? Where? I asked why you couldn't use another fork.

I said i don't notice any difference between two different bikes with the same G2 fork, that's all.

Thanks for the tip, i'll make a mental note.

Don't want to argue with you about this, but this comment:

Why not? So it might "slacken" the geometry up a little, you won't even notice.

gives me a bit of a "I think I know better than the manufacturers" feeling. The R&D dept of Trek carries a little more weight than your opinion.

But hey enough of this...I really don't care what fork you have just go have fun, remember to practise that singletrack ;)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gives me a bit of a "I think I know better than the manufacturers" feeling. The R&D dept of Trek carries a little more weight than your opinion.

But hey enough of this...I really don't care what fork you have just go have fun, remember to practise that singletrack ;)

Ofcourse they do.

Guess what... i still didn't notice a difference. ;)

Sant Cruz Tallboy. Best MTB voted by about every magazine I the UK. Not best 29 er, best MTB. Nice one at the Expo.

If you decide on the Trek i hope for your part it doesn't break... because in my opinion the local distributors are absolutely useless. :thumbdown:

+1 :thumbdown:

Thanks for all the posts - some were thoroughly entertaining to read.

Got my S-works in the back of the car...

If i had to choose between the 2 i would go with the spez.Having said that remember with spez you are stuck with thier fork and 142 rear axle and wheels.If you have a problem with the rear hub then you are stuffed beacause they dont have spare hubs and will have to buy a whole new set of wheels.The GOLD standard and to me still the BEST 29er FS is the Santa Cruz Tallboy.That would be my number 1 choice if i were looking at all 29er FS.

+1 :thumbup:

A bit late on my previous reply.

Good luck with your new bike i am sure you will be very pleased.

I got my anthem 29er yesterday and can't wait to take her for a spin.