Epic s-works 29er vs Superfly Pro

GoatBoy

The Tregers have owned the Trek agency for years. It was just under a different name of Just Fun. I think there was a big unbundling an Trek got moved around. So dont kid yourself, not much has changed.

I hope for their sake that the service level improves. I think it is ridiculous that one of the worlds leading cycling brands treats their customers as badly as they have in RSA. People have generally had nothing good to say about the after sales service in the past.

DAmn ... so I had that a little wrong, but I did get good service though!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes indeed...manfrog is right, G2 Fox fork has a offset...trek specific. So you can't just slap a RS reba on it.

Why not? So it might "slacken" the geometry up a little, you won't even notice.

I have my ex-Gary Fisher Fox fork with G2 geometry on my current bike. It works, i ride, no problem.

Why not? So it might "slacken" the geometry up a little, you won't even notice.

I have my ex-Gary Fisher Fox fork with G2 geometry on my current bike. It works, i ride, no problem.

The offset it 55mm on a G2 fork it changes the way your bike feels/handles...I am not saying its impossible and cannot be done, just changes the character of your bike which might work out, but then again also be toilet. I love the way my GF handles not going to roll the dice on that.

If Mr Fisher says NO, then who am I to argue ;)

does the names sauser,stander,stoltz,hugo,kulhavy to mention a few ring any bells???

Erm, Burry was winning when he was riding GT. Just because Spec. buy the best riders does not mean they make the best bikes... just that they have the best marketing dept.

The offset it 55mm on a G2 fork it changes the way your bike feels/handles...I am not saying its impossible and cannot be done, just changes the character of your bike which might work out, but then again also be toilet. I love the way my GF handles not going to roll the dice on that.

If Mr Fisher says NO, then who am I to argue ;)

The offset on a G2 fork is actually 51mm. Compared to lets say a range of 44-46mm in most others. That's a whole 5mm.... i'm sure your bike is going to become unridable when you slap a non-G2 fork on a Trek/Fisher.

Just like mine became when i put the G2 fork on, NOT... I rode a Fisher with G2 geometry with the G2 fork. Now a non-G2 geometry bike with the same G2 fork. I can't tell the difference.

But if Mr Fisher told you not to, then don't. ;)

But if Mr Fisher told you not to, then don't. ;)

Yes he did and he has been designing bikes slightly longer than you. ;)

Never claimed to have designed any bikes...

But i guess i will have to get myself another fork now. Because Mr Fisher said so.

Come to think of it... that's probably why i suck so much in the technical stuff. It's obviously the bikes fault. :clap:

Never claimed to have designed any bikes...

But i guess i will have to get myself another fork now. Because Mr Fisher said so.

Come to think of it... that's probably why i suck so much in the technical stuff. It's obviously the bikes fault. :clap:

But you do claim to know better than GF design :huh: ...anyhow use whatever fork, gooi a rigid fork on if you really want to be a rebel. I will stick to the G2 forks fanks :D

PS tip on the technical stuff...don't brake too much it kills momentum ;)

Edited by rouxtjie

Erm, Burry was winning when he was riding GT. Just because Spec. buy the best riders does not mean they make the best bikes... just that they have the best marketing dept.

Dude,I know Burry can win on a Silverback Alpine,just making it easier for him to choose.Thats marketing in any case,buying something the greats uses???Do you now how many people started smoking Marlboro ente because it was the branding on a red Ferrari?

Sauser was also already cleaning up on his Cannondale as well.

But you do claim to know better than GF design :huh: ...anyhow use whatever fork, gooi a rigid fork on if you really want to be a rebel. I will stick to the G2 forks fanks :D

PS tip on the technical stuff...don't brake too much it kills momentum ;)

Claimed? Where? I asked why you couldn't use another fork.

I said i don't notice any difference between two different bikes with the same G2 fork, that's all.

Thanks for the tip, i'll make a mental note.