ICE TEC mated with Avid OX

Neg

so im in the market for new brakes as my current Formula K18 are just not stopping me on time....

im keen on the Avid XO from chain reaction (price is great) and i want to pair them with shimano ICE TEC rotors. will the ICE TEC technology in the rotors help with the cooling of the Avids? or must the calipers and pads be used??

im not keen on the mineral oil type brakes and i have had two sets of these mineral oil breaks and ive cooked them and ended with no breaks! :( used the DOT 5.1 and not had an issue.

so now.... to avid and ICE TEC or to something else....??

any suggestions?? but back your suggestion up!

Personally - I would stay away from X.O brakes because they are Avid.

Better options would be Hope, Shimano XT or XTR - that is what I would do.

Ice tec Rotors are fine but the X.O brakes are a little disappointing.

Do a search on this topic - there was something similar a few weeks ago.

so im in the market for new brakes as my current Formula K18 are just not stopping me on time....

im keen on the Avid XO from chain reaction (price is great) and i want to pair them with shimano ICE TEC rotors. will the ICE TEC technology in the rotors help with the cooling of the Avids? or must the calipers and pads be used??

im not keen on the mineral oil type brakes and i have had two sets of these mineral oil breaks and ive cooked them and ended with no breaks! :( used the DOT 5.1 and not had an issue.

so now.... to avid and ICE TEC or to something else....??

any suggestions?? but back your suggestion up!

Not sure if the IceTec rotors will work with X0, but I think they should.

Don't be influenced by the negative comments on the X0, I have XX and never had a problem, having said that my wife have the new 2012 XT brakes with the IceTec rotors and thye must be the best brakes I have ever seen, Chris Willemse

currently have a special on them for R2390 for a set.

Hmmm... the XT Ice tec seem very good... i like that they dont heat up as much... because of the ceramic i suppose?

I don't think that the rotors alone will make a difference. Shimano advertises the callipers as having the heat dissipating properties. Not sure what is special on the rotors.

the heat dispensing is the ceramic pistons i think. because i know you can ceramic coat the exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe on a car and the heat is reduced a HUGE amount! almost so that after a drive one can almost touch the exhaust manifold... its that effective!

so im guessing the ceramic pistons wont allow the heat to get to the Mineral oil as quickly! with the "fins" on the calipers im sure this will reduce some of the head generated and will cool it quicker.... the rotors are coated Aluminium and have very good Heat dispensing. i know nothing of the ice tec pads though.

so i guess for the ICE TEC to be effective one needs to run the ICE TEC set up! i think the ceramic piston is the secret ingredient here... the XO'x dont have ceramic!

I ran Avid CR's for awhile and the levers kept going soft, we replaced seals ect and no luck. So I bought Shimano XT 2012 Brakes and WOW :clap: what a difference. Im not even running the ICE TEC rotors and its stops well, doesnt fade and they are silent.