94.7 Female Winner???

Gunzo

I found something interesting while searching for the leading lady in my group.

If you do a gender specific search on racetec, you'll see that there is 3 ladies with faster times than Ashleigh.

I do understand the issue about ladies wheel sucking behind stronger men groups till the finish. So it's only fair that the ladies pull themself.

But these 3 still did the 94.7 faster than the winning lady. Most interesting is the winning lady's starting group.

post-14993-0-07667400-1321944830.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap! To do 2:39 out of HH means she rode on her own and did not get help from anybody!!

Holy crap! To do 2:39 out of HH means she rode on her own and did not get help from anybody!!

Impossible to ride that time without help 99% of the route,big up to her for riding that time.But if you want the overall win you have to start and fight for it in the main female bunch.

She may have the faster time (It happened a lot a few years back with the Vets posting faster times than the Elite men!)

But to win the race you have to start with the bunch.....earn you due to ride there?

And play the tactics that the bunch plays rather than chasing time.

Nice bragging rights though..... :thumbup:

Is it possible that a male rode with these ladies racetech chips?

LOL!! Dont steal her thunder now

She is a full 22minutes before the next person in group HH...

...maybe she deserves the win!!!

Edited by Gunzo

But looking at the next best time in her group she was 22min before the 2nd in the group :blink: WOW

I started in HH and there were two ladies that were absolutely hauling down the M1. I tried staying with them, but a group of guys from II came past at Mach 2 and whilst the ladies could keep up, my legs wanted nothing to do with it.

LOL!! Dont steal her thunder now

I'm quite serious.

So we have names and times, it doesn't mean much. I could have rode with my wifes chip and given her a time 2 hours better than she's capable of riding.

How would a woman who can post a time like that start in HH? Really? Why isn't she sponsored? Why isn't she riding with the elites?

Hey, just playing devils advocate here...

2nd and 3rd you can understand, D was the 1st batch for open seeded ladies and # racing tandems, but agree HH time is suspect.

Well, the 2nd lady there seems to have been on a tandem, and if you check the racing tandem group, it seems that there were other ladies on tandems that actually went faster that that (but they probably rode with men). The first lady does seem to be extremely fast though!