CycleTourWebbie

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i received this today

"Dear Rameez

We posted your Charles Milner medal to you last week. This was for your Coronation Double Century team finishing with all twelve members.

The address that we have posted your medal to is:

---------------

----------

-----------

---------

The tracking number is -----------.

You can track your parcel on www.sapo.co.za or phone 0860 111 502.

Regards

The Coronation Double Century team"

We never had a 12 man finish, we did finish all 12 riders but not all together?

from dc site

The Charles Milner Award, introduced for the first time this year to encourage entrants to embrace the original ethos of the event, went to those teams who finished with all 12 team cyclists crossing the finish line within 15 minutes of each other.

my bad!

i received this today

"Dear Rameez

We posted your Charles Milner medal to you last week. This was for your Coronation Double Century team finishing with all twelve members.

The address that we have posted your medal to is:

---------------

----------

-----------

---------

The tracking number is -----------.

You can track your parcel on www.sapo.co.za or phone 0860 111 502.

Regards

The Coronation Double Century team"

We never had a 12 man finish, we did finish all 12 riders but not all together?

There's something that the organisers of Wines2Whales could learn from - posting medals to participants. (And while we are at it, how about throwing in a bike wash as part of the R4k entry fee, instead of charging R60 a wash)

Hopefully the result will come in shorter time than Contador's case...

There has been one decision so far...

Team Brothers Sport were found guilty on a number of accounts and penalised 60 minutes per rider and Lance Muller was DQ'ed.

That moves Aurecon into third place.

The sad thing is that there is no announcement, no podium and no recognition for the sponsors...

There has been one decision so far...

Team Brothers Sport were found guilty on a number of accounts and penalised 60 minutes per rider and Lance Muller was DQ'ed.

That moves Aurecon into third place.

The sad thing is that there is no announcement, no podium and no recognition for the sponsors...

I would not want to get a podium if a person/team get's DQ'ed in front of me in any race.

DC is long gone...move on. :)

Edited by AuctionLamb

There's something that the organisers of Wines2Whales could learn from - posting medals to participants. (And while we are at it, how about throwing in a bike wash as part of the R4k entry fee, instead of charging R60 a wash)

And letting us ride the whole race. Just remember what we rode at Swazi last year.

I would not want to get a podium if a person/team get's DQ'ed in front of me in any race.

DC is long gone...move on. :)

So in other words - cheat as much as you want, dope and go mad...as long as you get away with it on the day nobody actually cares after the podium ceremony.

So in other words - cheat as much as you want, dope and go mad...as long as you get away with it on the day nobody actually cares after the podium ceremony.

Dude, nobody doped or was found guilty of doping so why use that example?! If I understand correctly, nothing that was done, or "cheated" like you call it, resulted on any time gained.

You couldn't win them on the road, so you beat them off it. Well done!

Sorry, I had to reply... :unsure:

Dude, nobody doped or was found guilty of doping so why use that example?! If I understand correctly, nothing that was done, or "cheated" like you call it, resulted on any time gained.

I'm with Tarmac on this one, cheating is cheating. No matter how its done.

Andy this was an example for all races and note I didn't mention you team in that post. I was implying riders in the TDF or whatever race - Look at Landis... all the glory but how many people followed the full story?

I'm with Tarmac on this one, cheating is cheating. No matter how its done.

What cheating exactly occured?

Take the 100m Olympic sprint for example - if you step out of your lane. either side you will be dq'ed - although technically this actually loses you time in the longer overall distance, but you may impede another contestant and still win.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone saw the highlights package of this event on Supercycling?

Was quite good.

I wasn't there and it was good to get a view.

Edited by ' Dale